[ISSUE] Video Engine crashing in 6.5.3

Hi

Although annoying for everyone else, I am glad I am not alone with this!

It has reduced significantly (but NOT disappeared) since I created a new user on OSX (10.8.5) and run N6.5 from there.
Crashes still do occur randomly. RANDOMLY. They can occur without me touching anything. Sometimes straight after loading a project. There may be something in my previous user setup that was adding to the problem, as it is less often now (days without a crash touch wood).

I do NOT have Flip4Mac installed.
I do have Apple’s Compressor 4 installed.
I also have FCPx installed (but can’t imagine this is doing anything as it never runs concurrently)
The project originated in an earlier version of Nuendo (IE has evolved form an older project)
Not many plugins, mainly a small selection of Waves and VSL plugins. This setup is my “video slave” and runs pretty lean.

I use Blackmagic Studio Deck card with the Blackmagic Desktop driver package installation for the drivers. I run at 48k and NEVER change my sample rate, not even by accident (so far!). My sound card is MOTU based. I was running a rather ageing 2408 PCIe setup but have switched to a 828Mark3 as I was suspecting issues with the PCIe card. This is clocked to an external WC server.

Interestingly, non of these things (sound cards etc) were any different when I ran N5, with NO video engine crashes.

Codecs I have used:
Mainly Apple Prores, or Prores Proxy. Also MP4 files encoded offsite by my clients. I usually transcode to Apple Prores to enable smoother running and less CPU overhead. Running at 720P and 25fps (although the Studio Deck BM card seems to indicate 50fps.

Hope these data help, Timo.

B