CMC-TP Discontinued?

I’m not sure how I missed this sub-forum, and the news that the hardware has been discontinued, before just now purchasing 4 units (at very good prices).

Oh, I know why … there’s zero indication of that fact on the Steinberg main website’s product pages, that I reviewed before purchasing. :unamused:

I get it. I understand why the pages are still up, but it’s still irksome.

Not sure knowing this fact would have dissuaded me. I have a hunch the controllers will continue to work without much development effort from engineering.

But even without any effort from engineering, if they coded it right, DAW features would have been highly decoupled from the controller messages, in the code, and are likely highly isolated from concerns with each other.

As for the whole Windows / Mac USB driver support concern, hopefully those will survive, as well.

My only fear there, is that both Windows and OS X are going through major architectural changes for the sake of the mobile, desktop unification.

There is, however, some hope Steinberg will do the right thing and honor its obligation to at least provide bare-minimum support.