Installing Grand 3 in Pro Tools 10

I know the location of my Pro Tools plugin folder. What I am not sure about is whether the entire Grand 3 program should be installed in that folder, or just the sample files? Naturally, I want the Grand 3 program to come up as an option when choosing an instrument in a Pro Tools audio track.

Okay, so I did more research and figured out that I have to use ReWire, since The Grand is a VST plugin type. I got that sorted out, and have reached the point where I can get TG3 to come up in my instrument list in Pro Tools. When I open Pro Tools first, then TG3, TG3 is running in ReWire mode, just as it should.

The only problem is When I set up a track and choose TG3 as my instrument, I’m just not getting any sound, or movement on my Pro Tools meters. Everything looks right… it’s just not working.

Surely I’m not the first person to do this, so somebody must be able to tell me what I’m doing wrong. :frowning:

I’m curious - have you asked this question on the Avid PT forum? I’m not sure if the whole AAX only PT plays nicely with VST?

I have not received a reply to the question in the Avid forum. According to the instructions that came with The Grand 3, and info I located on the Steinberg website, though, it should be compatible with PT using ReWire to make the connection. Apparently I’m doing something wrong. As I said, I can get Grand to come up in my PT instrument list, but I’m just not getting any sound.