Facing Worlds, a new metal tune to love and hold and cherish

I think the bass may be killing the intro part. I was using headphones and my RP-5s to mix. Neither really gives you a good feel of bass. I just picked up some of the RP-8 G2s yesterday and hooked them up today. I can finally feel what the bass is doing and have a better idea of where the strong lows are and where the mud is.

The problem with adding to much in the high region on the vocals is the added sibilance. I just don’t want my vocals to turn into an “s” fest lol! I’m always trying new things though. I was doubling all my vocals up until this song. I think I can really let go and just perform instead of thinking about how hard it is going to be double some of the tricky parts which is good.

I tend to stay away from delay just because too much makes the words harder to understand. I could probably just raise the send to the reverb a bit.

Thanks for the feedback, glad everybody enjoyed the tune. I’m having a good time with this project. Hopefully by the last song I will have the mix down and then go back and remix the tunes appropriately.