Cubase 7.01 pre-release (again!)

It’s kinda misleading seeing “Cubase 7.0.1 update available” on the Steinberg.net news page and it turning out to be yet another pre-release.

Do you not have enough people to test the thing or something that you have to keep on releasing pre-releases (Cubase 6.5.4 was an update that has never had an official release to date, just pre-release on September 10th http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow … se_65.html) .

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s great that you’re trying to patch up your mistakes, but it would be better if it was fully tested in the first place, rather like Apple ios updates. Usually only minor fixes follow major updates with Apple.

I imagine Cubase 7 was rush-released for Christmas (release now half baked, fix later) as I’ve not had much joy with it so far. It continues to hang on exit. I’d like to blame the drivers but it happens all the same in Windows 7 (64 bit) as it does 8. Meanwhile Reason 6.5 continues to function solid as a rock.

In the last 5 years Steinberg sell Beta versions and let us do the beta tester for free…thats the true.

If it is I am a willing an able participant and most happy to support my fave co.

Steinberg is doing things right, IMHO. Once upon a time, updates were released with no chance for user input, just the Beta Tester’s. This resulted in across the board uproar due to the multiple and infinate workflows of different users. Now, they pre-release an update and gather info from many viewpoints before moving on. Be thankful it isn’t like it was.

+1

Hear, here

+1
{‘-’}