More than 1 FD unit - Useful or confusing ?

I have four units but i find it awkward to use because you can’t really know just by looking at the faders to see which channelfader is going to move, i.e which is selected. Having to look at the monitor and actually put you fingers on the strip and possibly ruin a good mix is a bit ridiculous.

If the developers at Steinberg thought of making these more optimized for what they are supposed do and found a way to make the LED’s on the strip slightly visually different to the selected channel it would’ve been a totally different game… Now i havent use them since half a year because of forementioned reason… Instead i got an 27" Acer 10 point multi touch monitor which i found more convenient to work fast with…especially having the mixconsole enlarged having the faders hands on and more precise i don’t think i will be using the FD’s for controlling faders again. Multitouch support for the mixer would be a blast.

Just want to add, as my post might look a bit negative, the FD’s are really great and does the job really well but they could have been optimized for a more convenient workflow.