MCU Functions Expanded in 7.5

so is it safe to say that the MCU pro’s are working well with C7.5 Hugh ?

Yes of course!

More than just an affirming “yes”.

I’m loving it. Turning “monitor” on and off for channels. Tweaking things in the channels strip - which I mentioned somewhere else I’m using a lot more now that it’s so easy . . it was soo tiny before for the mouse.
Also using quick controls more - for VSTis and other - Shift/Master gets me there in a flash.
It goes on . .

Damn . . . I’m sounding like Freddie H here . . . without the emoticons . .

Love ya, Freddie.

Hugh

one question thou Hugh ,is this just the MCU pro or does this include the older MCU

Got to love freddy lol

I only have the new ones, Pro and 2 XTs . . but all the reports I have are the functions work with ALL Mackie Control Units including some emulations.
I don’t think the core Mackie Control Protocol has changed much in years . . could be wrong, but . .

Hugh

unless I’m thinking about something else, you were able to enable and disable track monitoring by depressing the rotary pan encoder. This was prior to this change in 7.5

If true, I was not aware of it.
You can revert to what I think were the old functions by selecting “compatibility” Mode on the MCU Panel accessible under the “Devices” menu.

Hugh

Oh, It’s true. :smiley:
“Now you know, and knowing is half the battle” “Geeee Iiiiiii Jooooooooo!”
Just trying to add what I can to this convo! :sunglasses:

I must be missing something. I’m looking at generic remote, and cannot find any functions for channel strip. I’d like to map at least LF and HF filters. Where are those available for generic remote?

No, frustrating!
I asked Steinberg to update the Generic Remote Parameters for the new Channel Strip in Cubase 7 but till now nothing…

Book marking, thx HughH and others.

I noticed in a thread that you can use Generic remote control to add commands to the buttons of the MCU.
This means you can have one button to do two things. This opens up many ideas in my head but I can’t find the right commands in the generic remote editor (in Device manager).

I want to add “Open all channel inserts-GUI” to the IFX-button (Middle-right of the six Assignment buttons upper left). Can’t find the command. Anyone?
Would be nice to have them all on the screen while tweaking…

I’ve added “Edit VSTi” to one of the function buttons which opens the vsti-GUI. Would be great to be able to edit the quick controls too, so if you know the command/function to bring them up on the MCU display it would be great.
Btw, I could maybe do it the opposite way - [shift+Master], which bring you the VSTi QC, also opens the vsti GUI…

One thing I added so far which I find pretty useful:
When controlling Channel strip parameters on the MCU - pressing left knob toggles show/hide channel strip in the mixer. (May need mixer focus - cannot test right now though)

Do you guys have any funtions in mind to add on the already assigned buttons?

Really like the new MCU functions !

If you turn off “Set Remote Control Focus for VST Quick Controls” - the little button to the lower right of the Instrument on the VST Instruments panel - and make sure “Remote Control Focus follows Track Selection” on the drop down menu (upper right - same panel) is Off then Shift/Master will take you to the Track Quick Controls.

Switching the “focus” button on and off will instantly take you back and forth between Track and VST QCs.

Hugh

I’m updating a file which I had done for Nuendo 6/Cubase 7, for Cubase 7.5 implementation

This might help some people adapt to the new pages…

It’s not 100% finished yet, but will do so over the next few days…

Any comments or omissions, let me know!

Thanks for putting this PDF together!

Could someone make an xml script (like our mighty Msterna’s) to move 24 ch’s at once with the “bank +” button, not by 8? I have a 24 track Tascam US2400 and this feature would be really useful for me (and for others maibe - I also wrote in the issues report area). I tried for no good to edit his xml… Thanks in advance

Finally!! Thank you Steinberg for the MCU group buttons fix!!
Also the fact that the bank buttons now have the bank function by default instead of channel and having to shift click everytime you reopen a session is great!! Thx!

Did they go back to the old functions on every button or is it just the the bank up/down that were changed?
I like the new functions.

Just the Bank buttons … everything else was an upgrade so it stayed the same :slight_smile:

I’m playing around with the new functions and I really love it! Especially the EQ control, much better now.

I’ve found one annoying thing in the channel strip control though: page 1 allows you to switch the modules on and off BUT this is not the same as bypassing the modules. So there’s no visual indication in Cubase at all to show if the module is on or off. I think it would make much more sense if the on/off function actually bypassed the module. As it is now, it can lead to confusion when a module is not bypassed and still turned off, with nothing to indicate that state.