Wrong Activation Code?

First of all, i did search the forum for similar topics but didn’t find anything that answered my question. If I’m wrong/searchnoob then kill me. :slight_smile:

I bought the upgrade UD3 from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7 from Thomann. The price was €229. When I opened the box the Activation Code says: “Cubase Artist 7 Update from Cubase 4/5”. I’ve mailed Steinberg support but i think these guys have X-mas holiday. Anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks!

Mm, sounds weird. Does the box itself say ‘Cubase 7’ (without Artist)? Maybe ask Thomann about it, because it does seem you payed for the full product update. I wouldn’t use that activation code until you’re sure - could be that you have to send it back.

The box itself says “Cubase 7 Update” so then it seems like the Activation Code could be wrong. Anyway, as you said, I won’t use this code until either Steinberg or Thomann tell me to do so. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Well spotted. Mine does say “Cubase7 update from Cubase 6.5” so you’d do well to wait otherwise they’d just fob you off with a “Well you entered the code, mate…”
Have you checked your email receipts etc? As sometimes it’s easy to fill in the wrong box and find you have actually bought and paid for the wrong update.
AND when you get the right code if it doesn’t activate through the Computer C7 is on try activation via another computer.

The funny thing is that I haven’t found any Upgrade pack that offers Cubase 7 Artist from Cubase 4/5 full. Well, hopefully time will tell.

Because Cubase full to Cubase Artist would be a downgrade.

The exact wording above. Yes, it would seem to be a downgrade.

Its pretty boring to have paid for the upgrade, have it in your hand for almost two weeks and not be able to use it. :frowning:

Do you require the features of the bigger version?

Well, since I paid for a full version it would be the thing to receive.

For me its a matter of feeling. With the full version I know that the limitations not lies in the software. How often do i actually need the full version? Probably a handful times the past 10 years. :slight_smile:

I can certainly understand, I believe it was myself who was first out of the blocks this time :smiley:

I was thinking about getting Artist and using Studio 5 on an XP machine but the price I paid was near to Educational (of which I am entitled) so I just went full.

There are some differences, I particularly like being able to export as mp3 but also batch export is fairly important now.

If it were so that the chord tools weren’t present in Artist 7, it would be a definite deal breaker.

And what exactly is the reason, you could not contact Thomann for two weeks…?

Well, I did contact Thomann the same evening i opened the box and did send an e-mail to Steinberg. And on top of that, where I Live, it has been Christmas Holiday all over the calendar. I don’t blame anyone i particular but just state the fact that it is not fun looking at the box knowing you can’t use it.

I still have a working Cubase 5 so Im not that far up sh*t creek and Iv’e got a paddle. :slight_smile:

I would take a wild guess and say it’s the season. For around 3 weeks up to new year they’ll either be on holiday or mad busy and probably at least a week after.

I’ve just received a mail from Thomann. It seems that Steinberg have printed the wrong label on some of the Activation Codes but the Code itself is for full version. They have asked me to perform the install and get back to them with the result.

Thanks Thomann for speeding this up before the weekend!

In any case when you enter an activation code into the Elicenser it tells you what it is for before you hit return, so you can always just cancel out.

Yes, I noticed that. But i didn’t know that before.

Well, now its installed, working as Cubase 7 full and I really enjoy what I see. The inspiration to create just exploded into a thousand ideas! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for input!

Have a really happy new year and may the force be with you! :slight_smile: