Taking their sweet time

Whatever the case may be, and whatever their reasons may be, I think this bug is indeed a pretty serious oversight that deserves some immediate rectification. If they want to do a 6.0.1 update to address just this and whatever else is presently corrected (it was mentioned by one of the mods that the timestretch issue is indeed corrected at Steinberg HQ, if I’m not mistaken), followed by a 6.0.2 to address other issues, that’s fine by me.

Whatever the case may be, I feel I’ve been pretty patient, and for them just to remain mum on this is a bit disheartening as a paying customer and oftentimes Cubase fan.

This software would be far more enthusiastically and often recommended to other musicians I know and happen to meet if Steinberg took the Cockos tack and released a steady stream of updates to keep more people working how they want to. Teasing us with a brilliantly powerful stretch algorithm and then denying us usage of it for perhaps months unless we happen to track at 44.1kHz all the time is somewhat maddening.

C’mon, Steinberg, we know you can do better than this. Please, give us what we want! It’s not too much to ask, and you claim to have it fixed. I would really like to get to work with Elastique!