Out now: Vintage Classics for Retrologue

bought it… LOVE IT!

I can really recommend this pack… for around £25 english pounds, this really is an eye opener…

as a session guitarist, who also owns Omnisphere and Zebra2 AND Diva… I, somewhat embarrasingly have only ever used the presets ( advanced synth heads i apologise ! )

when i loaded this bank in, i was literally STUNNED… the Kraftwerk sounds alone blew me away, not to mention the Van Halen “why cant this be love” and The Who’s “wont get fooled again” organ… there is even a sound effect that you can use to blend in if you are doing Pink Floyd’s “Time” and want some alarm clock noise…

well… I could go on like this for hours… however, the point I was trying to make here is… it really got me thinking… just HOW HARD can it be to make up your own presets and synths ?!! a few days later, and ive made up some lovely electric piano sounds, even white noise mixed with LFO’s so it sounds like rain splattering on an umbrella… my reaction to this sound bank, has led me to open, Prologue, Spector, Mystic and Padshop and Retrologue… and ive been simply missing out completely on the possibilties…

just wanted to post this in the hope It inspires more of us to make our own patches up… would be good if there was a way to “share” the presets between users tho’ ? a forum thread to upload presets dealing with just the Steinberg synths (of course!)

despite having bought omnisphere and zebra2 a few months back, i do feel rather guilty for having done so… i would, at a guess, say that 90% of all the sounds you’re after, from Van Halens “Jump” to the wierdest JMJ style replications COULD be made using the built in Steinberg synths!

how about posting up settings for famous sounds then, using Retrologue ? :wink: