[R-7783] NUENDO 6.0.3: NEK error

I also had this problem on my Mac.

Grateful for the forum-- before installing (not on my main computer, thank you!), I saved “FCP_SMT_007_Nuendo.vstsound” from N6.0’s package contents, and dropped it into 6.03’s.

Appears to be working fine; at least I don’t get the “not found” message. Remains to be seen if there’s any difference between the original and what was supposed to replace it.

Chewy

I solved this error-message by restoring “FCP_SMT_007_Nuendo.vstsound” from my TimeMachine backup…that worked!

Niek/Amsterdam

Is there an official solution?

Does anyone know just exactly what this missing component does and the implications of not having it? Does anyone know if continuing to produce projects with it missing will come back to haunt me?

Thanks!

Darren “Still Ignoring The Warning” Ingram

Same problem here on Mac OS
Kevan

Who knows??? Just took a look inside it… it’s a resource file (a “Steinberg Resource File”, specifically, whatever that means), having something to do with track attributes.

Uninformed conjecture: wonder if lack of an updated version of this has anything to do with that “Channel Settings Track Names Not Showing Up” anomaly noted in another thread.

Chewy

For what it’s worth I am having the same issues. (Pain in the) NEK installed.

OS X 10.8.3, ageing Mac Pro and MacBook Pro. Ignoring it for now. Quintessential Steinberg QA. Sigh. :frowning:

i have the same problem.
Mac OSX, nek installed.

Having the same issues here. I noticed that Loopmash and Groove Agent are no longer available, possibly others. Steinberg can we have this fixed, I would like to have what I paid for, if that’s ok.

No problems after doing that?

And the rest of you guys who had problems; did putting that file back work and solve problems?

Well… hard to say with confidence… there appear to be unexplained graphic anomalies described in other threads that appear to be Mac-only; who knows if this missing file may have something to do with them.

That having been said, 6.03 with 6.02’s SMT_007 dropped into it has been fully functional for me, so far. Have done a couple of full projects on it.

Chewy

Hello Steinberg,

Is there some kind of official statement on this?

If nothing’s been said about this yet, I’d at least like to know how serious this problem is. Are there implications from bringing in the file from a previous version? If someone doesn’t have that file is it a problem to share it?

Darren “Ignoring The Warning” Ingram

Come on guys… Don’t make it harder…
How come a sound file would be involved in graphics anormalities… :smiley:
The install is probably a little messed up on the mac update, but the fix is there at hand… Drop the bloody missing file back in the folder and back to work.

PS : I can send you the file if you didn’t save it.

It’s not a sound file. It’s a resource file-- you can open it with a text editor. It deals with any number of GUI factors.

And yes, I’m sure it’ll be dealt with soon and there’s no need for hysteria, and the workaround works fine. At the same time, there’s no question but that it would be great to have some idea of what is going on here, as long as we’re working with it and dealing with the inconvenience.

Chewy

A ressource file ? Ah ok then. They’ll probalby release a fixed 6.03 Mac install soon hopefully.

OT : In the next couples of days I’ll be doing lots of voice over then a few days of post production on another project. I’ll use N6.
We’ll see if I can keep my cool or not then. :wink:

Hello all,

Sorry for this issue. It seems to happen after the Nuendo 6.0.3 update is installed on top of Nuendo 6.0.2. The issue can be solved by installing the NEK again after applying the 6.0.3 patch. We will make sure to fix this for the next maintenance update.

Best regards,
Christian Dettner

Thank you Christian. This works perfectly.

And when is that update scheduled for? I hope it’s not next quarter.

Can someone please post a download link to NEK for re-installation? I can’t find it anywhere in My Steinberg or on their site.

Take a look into your invoice, there are credentials and link to download area.

Hope this helps

Tomas