How to solve connection issues

Hilfe!
I have bought the IC Pro and have severe problems to connect to my Windows 8 PC.

My set up:
Computer

• OS Windows 8 64-bit
  • Motherboard ASUS PT 6 SE
  • CPU I7 920
  • Latest Cubase Remote SKI
    -Realtek 8111C PCIe Gigabit LAN (latest Windows 8 drivers)

Tablet

• iPad 3 with iOS 6 (I have not done the last update)

I have tried the following:

• Secured that Bonjour is working. I have tested to manually restart the service. Uninstall iTunes and ONLY install Bonjour
  • One IP for the computer (i.e. no WIFI, just an Ethernet cable connected to my WIFI router). NOTE: I do not use an ad hoc connection, I connect over a router.
  • Open the Windows firewall for Cubase
  • Disabled Bluetooth on my iPad
  • Disabled the firewall in my router
  • Changed the router to WEP from WPA (I did not like this however…).
  • Tried to connect the iPad to another router on my network (hidden SSID, locked MAC-address and WEP).

Notes (strange things found when trouble shooting for 24+ hours…) - I got the connection working flawlessly ONCE after the iTunes thread was killed using task manager (this worked one time only…). This worked one time only??! Now I do not even have iTunes installed any longer (only the “Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2” linked by Steinberg). NOTE: The version installed by iTunes is 3 something…

• I normally “see” the iPad in Cubase but I normally do not see Cubase in my iPad (IF I see it, I can connect).
  • I did sometimes get the connection to work (but unstable) when fiddling with WPA/WEP.
  • I sometimes get the connection to work if I restart my router (starting like this will however hang Cubase after a few minutes work…). NOTE: The router has no firewall enabled. Both the PC and the iPad has full internet working.
  • This PC is also a “Hackintosh” running OS X Lion. When booting into OS X the connection is working flawlessly (but I do not like to run Cubase in Lion as the performance seems to be somewhat lower and I have some VST that are Windows only).

Please help! I have spent too much time and effort on this!

My guess: Apple has some undocumented “features” in the Windows version that you are not aware of…

1 Like