preference for single plugin window

Posted this in the cubase forum, just wanted to see if this is on the radar at all…

• It is beneficial to have more then one plugin on screen.
  • It is also beneficial to dock plugins windows.

The best choice is the option to do both simultaneously. Like protools current implementation.
Why is docking plugin windows important?
I have 5 screens on my mix rig. TV on the wall up high, three LCDs across the middle, one touch LCD in front of me. In Nuendo 5, Cubase 6’s current implementation every plugin remembers its last location on screen, requires me to drag every plugin to the touch screen. I installed MOOM, a mac windows manager that lets you move windows by key command, but there is an odd caveat with windows that have always on top enabled. You mustn’t click the white plugin window header, but just below it or it won’t move the window. Also, always on top is remembered by plugins. So if you ever had the preference set to make all plugins always on top now you have to disable the preference, load every plugin, right click and uncheck always on top.

Most of the time, I want EVERY PLUGIN to just appear in the same location, on the touch screen. I don’t wanna d1ck around with window management apps, key commands, always on top, plugin window remembering “things”, dragging windows around, etc.

Protools does it, Cubendo should have a preference too.

+1

I really mis Protools for that kind of reasons. In 10 secs I organize all my plugs for the session i have to mix…
But nobody’s perfect…

Logic does this too. The link icon in top left of the plugin header allows all plugs to open in that window, rather then all over the place.

Worst case if SB doesn’t want to implement, it would be good to know how to make the plugins “not remember” their previous position. A fresh install of Cubendo would do this so there has to be a preference or file of some kind that can be trashed.

Any workaround suggestions would be good too.

The only thing that really irritates me about the current implementation is running on a 2 monitor system where all new plugin instances open up slap-bang between the 2 screens…

+1 for a single plugin window!

Hello,

we understand the situation and benefits. The upcoming WaveLab version will already include such functionality.
We may also consider this for a future Cubase/Nuendo update.

Thanks,
Timo

1 Like

+[

Not on OS X, but I remember this from the windows version. There was some setting in the graphics card driver that changed that behaviour. I think it had to do with setting up the screen as two desktops rather than one large desktop.

Ollie

+1.

I’m surprised this feature wasn’t included in Cubase 9 Pro.

+1 Nuendo 11 and this is still not a thing. Same issues. 4 monitors and plugins popping up all over the place and I need to quickly make some adjustments to a bunch of Kontakt instances.

I agree that this would be a good thing to have as an option! As long as it doesn’t replace the current functionality with multiple plug-in windows, but is added as an option. Probably would require some heavy re-coding though?

Like every other DAW lol… they all offer the option