was i crazy to buy Halionsonic when H 4 has all its Tones

was i crazy to buy Halionsonic when H 4 ( Which i purchased 2gether )has all its Tones, as also C 6 comes with HS SE , so any advantages here ??? or should i sell it buy something else
i also read some where that H4 has older Hypersonic tones , is that true ?? if so where r they ??.. any pro advice thnx s

Halion 4 is identical to Halion Sonic and then some. It contains all sounds and editing from Halion Sonic as well as additional sounds and user sample capabilities. There is zero reason to own both.

amazingly fast , thanks Sir …
i also read some where that H4 has older Hypersonic tones , is that true ?? if so where r they ??..
does H4 support H3 and earlier tones files ???
and how many windows / 16 X channels ?? can i use @ a time ??? i understand depending on the hardware , but minium windows , considering a i5 with 16 GB DDR 3 RAM Rough;y
thnx s

I cannot comment on Halion Sonic containing older Hypersonic tones, so I will not pretend to talk about something I do not know.

As for Halion 4 supporting Halion 3, it certainly does. You can load FXP files, convert FXP into VST Presets for use in Halion 4’s Mediabay and all filters, envelopes and modulation routings will import accordingly, you do not have to worry about that.

Halion 4 contains 32 outputs per instance, if you want more, simply open another instance for another 32 outputs etc. It really is limitless and is only bound by how well your computer can hold up to the strain. I think you will be just fine for large projects with your computers setup.

Yo Thankx Man Cantankerous » 14 Mar 2012 00:14
I cannot comment on Halion Sonic containing older Hypersonic tones, so can some one technical 4m steinberg team answer this :::::: ???

As for Halion 4 supporting Halion 3, it certainly does. You can load FXP files, convert FXP into VST Presets for use in Halion 4’s Mediabay and all filters, envelopes and modulation routings will import accordingly, you do not have to worry about that.
Pls convert FXP into VST Presets How to do this ???

Greetings

You can drag the FXP directly into the Mediabay of Halion 4 and it will auto-convert, or you can simply load the sample and resave it from within Halion 4 itself and it will create a VST Preset based on that sample.

Thankx sam

I have HALion3 and HALion Sonic.
I’m trying to figure out how this upgrade scheme works…if I get the “update” from H3, it’s a boxed version, and if I “upgrade” from HS it’s a download (sans 885mb of content).

What I’d like to know is if I upgrade/update to H4, does it actually replace HALion Sonic, or do both remain installed?
Is H4 basically HALion Sonic with sampler functionality added?

Thanks.

Both will be installed and can be loaded with the replacement license that will appear on your e-licenser.

I suppose a quick way to summarise it would be to say that with HALion 4, you get everything useful that went before, and you can even load HALion 3 content (and HALion Symphonic Orchestra content if you have the license), in much the same was as getting the full Cubase 6 gives you everything useful that went before in that product line as well.

Thanks for your replies.
I downloaded the trial and gave it a whirl.

It seems fairly good, although after more than an hour figuring out how to import my old fxb’s, I simply could not find them in the media bay. It converted them, but I haven’t a clue where they are. I tried every thing I could.
(I need the browser mode of H3)

In the end, I decided I don’t really do much sound designing on a sampler level anymore, so I uninstalled it.
At least I now know what the deal is between H4 and HS.

Cheers!

same here , failed to load H3 sounds in H 4 , that default folder gets confusing , what i have is a separate Hard drive , with a folder i named C 6 Vsti/s n i normally access my vsti/s from there , works with many Vsti/s , but even after adding it in the plug in folders no work , also i thought media bay would be this Vsti folder …
i cant even differentiate the HS or the H4 sounds , looks like the same sounds pop up in thier browser , so how is that orginized , how many tones are there in HS and in H4 any way after the update …
. where is media bay physically on my drives .i have 3 drives 1 for OS , 2nd for the VSt/i 3rd for the audio rendering … ??? any one … thankx

Yes, crazy foolish to purchase them both together. (Steinberg shop should flag those orders, and offer refunds to fools who do it IMO)

Seriously NOT crazy if you didn’t peviously own Halion, but did own Hypersonic = smart as a fox :smiling_imp:
Halion4 = $349
Halion Sonic Upgrade = $99
Halion4 Upgrade = $99

Wasted $99 if you already owned H3 :frowning:

yes my friend , it was foolish n stupid on my part , i didnt own any b4 , only the older atari versions and the PC Vst versions with the red LPT dongle…( n no upgrades 4 that …)…will SB give me a buy back or trade to another package like goove agent 3 ???
thanks any way … s

I’d contact Steinberg about your foolish mistake - they may let you return HS. Wouldn’t hurt to try. They were very good about working with me when I bought the wrong version of Cubase a few years ago. Worst they can say is NO.
Failing that you can also sell one ( HS) - I’m sure someone would want it (they are seperate licenses on your elicenser right?)

yes thanks , i shall do that , i wish SB would trade that 4 grove agent 3 or some thing else. they should make it clear to thier loyal clients that is no point to buy HS when H4 has all its sounds… wish they comply… s