http://www.steinberg.net/de/support/downloads/downloads_nuendo_5.html

on the other hand…
the readme doesn’t say anything about the promised aaf improvements, can this be true?

ollie

Hmmm …
otherwise, a nice list of fixes…

Big K

Great News!

So now I’m back to Nuendo again from Cubase…good to see you again old friend! (It’s been some time)
But wait a minute…where is the Flac and Soundcloud support?
…I was getting so spoiled prewieving flac’s from the mediabay in Cubase referencing mixes.
I thought Nuendo would always have ALL of the Cubase features…or have I missed something?

I vaguely remember having read an official statement from Steinberg that some code was shared between the two applications and implementing features already in Cubase was an easy task…or am I wrong?

Forgive my ignorance, just asking.
…and getting tired of waiting for months for an update not having all the features already included in Cubase :frowning:
…and the leapfrogging. :mrgreen:

Arve

Moreover, this was the reason given by SB for the late appearance of the 5.5.2 update…

Has anyone tested it?

Working for 3 hours steady…pushing hard (50-75% on the cpu) and steady she goes…feeling good

Quoted from the version history:

“29563 Surround: 5.0 surround audio files now import with a correct speaker configuration
(LCRLfeLs).”

Uhm … 5.0 is about not using the LFE, if I’m not completely mistaken …? :open_mouth: I hope that’s a simple typo.

Hmm, and if we have NEK, where are the new filters and Instruments??

Nuendo isn’t missing these things.

• Alt + click on the parameter box to pop up a slider which lets you drag up/down
  • Check the preference Editing → Controls → Increment/Decrement on Left Click-Drag under “Value Box/Time Control Mode”.

Wow…there you go!
Forgive my ignorance…thank you likelystory.

“You MUST buy a Cubase license! Get it? There’s obviously something wrong with you if you think about it any other way. Doesn’t matter how much more Nuendo + NEK costs… Get with the program!..”

:unamused:

I understand your pain, and am with you on all these comments. Like you, I was also under the impression Nuendo & NEK will always have all Cubase functionality & more, so finding no FLAC was a disappointment to me.
However, you can get it added easily enough if you have the 6.5 version of Cubase.
Just copy the filter across from cubase to Nuendo, and job done.
On XP, this is done as follows:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components\Audio Codecs\xiph.dll
Copy this to
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 5.5\Components\Audio Codecs.
Job Done.

and for mac users:

right click on cubase app. ‘show package contents’

contents/components/audiocodecs/

copy xiph.bundle to the same location in the nuendo package.

BTW: regardless of my previous “observation”… thanks to Steinberg for a very solid build. So far it definitely feels more stable than the previous version. Thanks!

To Neil and Max:
Your suggestion works like a charm! :smiley:
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and insight!
What a great forum…forgive my ignorant ranting.
Nuendo indeed more stable than ever!
Now I’m just waiting for UAD to roll out their 64’ model, and I’m leaving 32 bits behind…

Hello,

thanks very much for your positive Feedback! Indeed it has taken a while until the release, but I think it is by far the most stable version so far. Regarding AAF, unfortunaley, the improvements haven’t made it into this version. Although it was planned, during the last weeks we figured out that we would have to do many changes on import/export filter, which would result in a delay of a couple of months. Therefore we decided to release the update with numerous further fixes in current status and continue working on the AAF thing further on.

Thanks very much,
Timo

Thanks for the reply Timo.

If things prove more complex than hoped for on the AAF side I am the last one to ask for an “unfinished” or “beta” release.
One thing that does annoy me though is that the AAF filter in Nuendo 5.1.1.651 works for me. Why didn’t you at least revert to a usable version?

For me this means that if I receive 14 AAFs during the day (like last wednedsay…) I need to switch to the old Nuendo 14 times, import, track export, track import. It’s just so frustrating…and costs so much time.

A post pro software must be able to import aaf from media composer without too many glitches and Nuendo 5.5 simply cannot do that at all.

This situation has been unsolved for well over half a year now (8 months) I believe.

Thanks for the communication, though.

Ollie

+1 !!!

I’m having issues with Nuendo’s latest build to recognize Soundminer rewire (SM4.3) Anyone else?

I’m getting many Nuendo hangs and crashes when using basehead.

Worked with out issue using 5.5.2 and Protools 10