HSO status

Hello!

It’s my first visit back to the forums for three years, and I’m so glad I came here - nice to know other people are feeling the same pain I’m feeling with no longer having access to HSO!

I’ve had HSO for a three or four years, and it absolutely rocks. I own a few sample libraries, and HSO is by far the best that I have.

BUT! I recently upgraded to a new Mac running OSX Lion and upgraded to Cubase 6.5, and I am utterly devastated that I can no longer use the 24bit HSO library - I have all those lovely .hsb files sitting on my hard drive, and am no longer able to use them.

This week with some perseverance I’ve been able to get HSO working as a VST plug-in in Cubase 6.5 at 64bit in OSX Lion, but it’s prone to crashing, and not something I would recommend trying.

Does anyone know if HALion Sonic or HALion 4 open .hsb files? If so, I may be able to access the library through one of those, and I would happily purchase whatever it takes to be able to get access to this library again. Orchestral scores are one of the main styles I work with, and I am at a loss as to whether to jump ship to an alternative sample library, or downgrade my DAW.

&y