Steinberg Plugins don't work anymore...help

hello, my steinberg plugins (like modulation eq amp simulator etc) don’t work anymore…they appear on the list of available inserts but when i click on them nothing happen
BUT other brands of plugins (like voxengo or native instruments) still work perfectly.
i’m on Nuendo 5.5.2 on pc both 32 and 64 bit…

could this have anything to do with the fact that i recently installed Cubase 6.5.1 ??

i hope you can help me because i’m going crazy and have work to do with nuendo…

all the best

have you installed the latest elicenser software?

yes i did…and just double-checked to be sure and reinstalled elicenser, but still nothing works…

Hi,

the plug-ins you mentioned are all part of one VST3 bundle. It is located in the VST3 folder of the Nuendo program folder and is called “Nuendo Plug-in Set.vst3”.

Could you please check in Nuendo under Devices → Plug-In Information for e.g. the Amp Simulator whether under “File” it indeed says “Nuendo Plug-in Set.vst3” and the “Path” is your installation path.
Are there any questions marks for the Amp Simulator in this line (indicating that the plug-in can’t be found)?

As these plug-ins are in a sub-folder of each Nuendo installation, 32 bit and 64 bit, installing Cubase won’t influence them. Are you using the VST2 or the VST3 version of other plug-ins that do work?

One thing you can try right away is the usual trashing the preferences. This way we will also force Nuendo to scan the plug-ins again.

You can also check under C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 5.5\VST3 whether the Nuendo Plug-in Set.vst3 is available. Size should be roughly 11 MB and date should be 09/23/11 if you are on Nuendo 5.5.2.
If this is not helping feel free to get back in touch with me, either here, via PM or email.
Thanks!

Best,
Sebastian

many many thanks for your help, i’ll try that as soon as i come back to my computer tonight, and report back to you…
thanks again
all the best
-mike

hello Sebastian…
no under “Path” is says Cubase Plug-in Set.vst3 …is there anything i can do
unfortunately i could not make it work yet…i tried trashing some preference files so that Nuendo could rebuild them when opening it for the first time but still these plugins don’t work…

best
-mike

yes it’s there…date and size are correct

anyone?

hi Sebastian…i don’t mean to be disrespectful or anything like that but more than 10 days have passed and i have not had any other help from you or anyone else…
i can’t work on nuendo with this problem…do you have any other suggestion for me?
i hope so
all the best
-mike

Have you explored this route for support?

i found another way to explain the problem and maybe replicate it
i’m on windows7 64 bit with Nuendo 5.5.2 both 32 or 64 bit

if i trash my entire AppData-Roaming Nuendo folder (to rebuild it from scratch the first time i open nuendo again) everything works and plugins are recognized…
now i go to “plugin information” so i can add another path where i keep all my other plugins (kontakt absynth etc etc)
after restarting nuendo sees my newly added plugins but original STEINBERG plugs DON’T WORK ANYMORE…i can see them but if i click on them nothing happens

the same plugins i add are in the same folder with the same path that i also use with cubase 6.5.1 and things work perfectly there.

i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling nuendo but it didn’t work

it must be a bug and i’m getting completely frustrated, it’s been almost a month and nuendo has become unusable for me.

i hope you can understand my frustration

best
-mike

not yes since Sebastian on this forum told me to write him back here or through PM, which i did but never heard from him since 3 weeks ago

all the best and thanks
-mike

hi mike

if nuendo works fine before you add the second vsti path why not try having all your vst plugins in the default folder and see if that solves it?

tried that way too…same problem unfortunately…
thanks anyway for your help

it seems to me that it’s likely that only one of the newly added vstis is causing the problem.

move the vstis out of the folder and get nuendo working with its own plugins again. now put just one vsti back. does nuendo still see its own plugins? if if does then add the next one, then repeat.

if not then try the next vsti but move the first one out.

I think, Cubase 6.5.1 can be a reason this situation. Did you go to service center?