Padshop dissapointment

Hey Gents,

I think that if you give it some time and play with it you’ll be surprised at the capabilities. I was lucky enough to do a little bit of beta testing on this, and my initial reaction was kinda similar. I was like “really? that’s it?” but after I got into learning the controls (esp. the Duration, speed and Random controls) I was really surprised at the results.

If you want to have some fun, initialize the instrument (use the INTI button way down in the lower right corner)
then set the duration control to 1,000 (max value), then start loading up the “VOICES” samples one by one. Its hilarious what kind of raw material is IN this thing. Someone has a sense of humor! And its close to my own.

To load the raw samples click on that little tiny white triangle in the upper right corner of the “big red window”. Standard file structure from there. Most are just super basic waveforms, but folder 08 “Voices” FUNNY!

Anyway, sorry you’re initial reaction was tepid, but I really think if you hang with it, you’ll be pleased and surprised at what it can do.

All the best

Walt