cmc qc midi activity spiking

i’ll take that as a no then ? uummmm ,all i can say then is it’s lucky it’s the only one i needed ! :unamused:

To be honest Filter, I think they usually don’t comment about features. Chris has been on the thread and made his comment, and now they’ll just monitor. If something changes, they will let us know. It’s kind of the way they’ve always done it.

uumm well hopefully they might listen to the mass of people that will be hoping the same thing . no major hassle ,it’s just old dog new tricks syndrome lol

Hi there,

We will investigate if that midi spiking can be turned off! :slight_smile:

Cheers Carlos!

thank you crohde . im still oldschool and save sysex from every module on every song so really rely on this activity …

much appreciated

john

I find this annoying too (CMC-TP).
And I also don’t consider turning off MIDI Activity on the transport bar as a workaround, because I need to monitor the “real” (i.e. meaningful) MIDI activity all the time: please, give us an option to filter that out.

Paolo

just bumping and hoping carlos is on the case with the spiking as it is quite irritating now !

• 1 to this. Thanks to Carlos for making it a better product.

But I (maybe) have other issues. Since one week, I am using CH and QC with Nuendo 5.5.

I know CMC are officialy Cubase related. Plus, my experience in time with those is still short and issues could have other reasons, including my own mistakes.

So that’s why I am very careful about it and this has to be taken with a grain of salt. The reason I am posting about this, is to know if other people did remark unusual events.

I get the impression that they introduce strange behaviour to VSTi’s: Two examples:

• While I never use QC and CH on Kontakt 4 tracks, the Kontakt multi program has been deleted for no reason.
    Also within Kontakt multi, I had unexpected volume reset to zero on one instrument.

• I have used QC to control Vanguard Instant Control. Very useful. But for no reason, Vanguard Filter Frequency has been reset to zero on several sessions.

I had other minor issues but no time to list everything. Once again, maybe it’s absolutely not related but I am very interested to know if others have encountered any kind of instability. If this persists I will make a specific topic about it.

bump

has the new firmware sorted out this spiking issue ?

no :imp:

BTW the new firmware applies to CMC-FD only. For the other modules it’s a Midi driver update only (plus editors update where applicable)

yes that is very annoying considering it was going to be looked into months ago .

come steiny sort it out :wink: :wink:

another bump

i’ll keep bumping till we get an an answer of some sort cause it is really annoying now especially while im trying to record an outoard arpeggiator please do something with it other wise i will move to a diferent brand !

be bump a lula

wel i certainly am not buying any more cmc’s unles this issue is fixed !

I’ve disconnected mine. Between the lack of a fine mode lock for the QC knobs the MIDI spike and the fact that I can’t seem to perform automation functions with them very well, it makes them more irritating than useful.

i completely agree ,i find the dials are very fiddley to use (to small for large hands) so ive finally bought a controller keyboard instead , there has been no replys on this thread from steinberg and life goes on with out them so if they want to loose buisness by egnoring these little things then off to other manufacturers i go !

it’s a shame as ive just purchased a ci2+ for the laptop which will be used unlike the qc which is sitting in the corner gathering dust !

We’ll see what happens in upcoming releases. I don’t think it would take much to make them more functional. Hopefully, they are working on it.