Halion GUI refresh

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3 can be posted here.
Musicmould

Halion GUI refresh

Post by Musicmould »

Halion has a lot of great features but I find the GUI extremely cluttered and unintuitive.
Even though I have bought the full version I rarely use it because of that.

Please, Steinberg, bring the GUI into 2020!
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

"Without music, life would be a mistake".

fenderchris

Re: Halion GUI refresh

Post by fenderchris »

Musicmould wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:09 am
Halion has a lot of great features but I find the GUI extremely cluttered and unintuitive.
Even though I have bought the full version I rarely use it because of that.

Please, Steinberg, bring the GUI into 2020!
Me too.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

bnz

Post by bnz »

I like the GUI flexibility (minus the few odd things you can do). I wouldn't mind if it looked a bit more fresh like Backbone though.

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

If anything, please make the GUI resizable.
(Ok, the WINDOW is resizable but all the buttons stay tiny).
All the buttons/graphics/text is super small on my retina display.

A lot of things in Cubase still seems to be made for low resolution displays, it kind of looks like a leftover from Windows 98.

I hope the overall GUI refresh continues.
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

"Without music, life would be a mistake".

jovemprogramador

Post by jovemprogramador »

+1

take3

Post by take3 »

+1

Saint909

Post by Saint909 »

Let me keep this thread going...I agree, the GUI for Halion 6 is dated as hell. Looks like VST’s of the early 2000’s. The various instruments like Skylab are simply ugly (although SkyLab sounds great). This is supposed to be a premium synth/sampler and it’s looking like this in 2020? I don’t get it. The instruments in Cubase 10 look way better (ie Retrologue and Padshop 2).
But for the record, Falcon looks WAY better and sounds better too.
Halion has a lot of potential, it just needs a GUI update and some modeled filters...say from a CS series synth. Glad I did not pay full price for it.

tonyjaguar

Post by tonyjaguar »

+1

I also dislike Halion's gui, can't stand all the tabbing around, and the program tree with it's tiny icons.

Been using Pigments recently and it struck me that Halion has all that power and more (ok, maybe not the modulation, but the engines and effects for sure). Pigments feels way more like an instrument that you want to play and that's down to the gui.

Would be nice if Halion had an optional "synth view", with all the main stuff in one window, laid out clearly simply.

zoidkirb

Post by zoidkirb »

Honestly I don't mind the look of it, there's a lot of information that it has to display efficiently and it does good at that once you learn your way around.
An option to re-size the elements and not just the windows would be nice.
Animated knobs when modulated would be very helpful also.

Elias1957

Post by Elias1957 »

It could be nice when the icons can resized in steps (2x,3x,4x,...), not fully resizable when resizing the window. Also I think it's a good idea to resize the icons in the menu and the tree independently.
C10.5 Pro,WL Pro.10 / MacMini 2018 i7 32GB 10.15.4 RME UFX II KKS61MkII Maschine Mk3 LG38"curved / MacBookPro 2011 i7 10.13.4 8GB UR44
IPad Pro 2020/512GB Cubasis 3

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”