How to get Presonus Faderport Classic to work with Cubase 9.5 and Windows 10

For what it’s worth, I get a similar message all the time with my Faderport 16 (on a Win 10 PC), though I haven’t had a chance to figure out what is causing it, or what impact it has on the FP16’s functionality.

I keep my A/V production computer disconnected from all networks unless I have to transfer a file to/from another computer, or I am forced to use a program like NI’s Native Access to install/activate programs or plugins.

For those situations, I wrote two simple Windows macros that quickly turn the network adapter’s connection on/off, so that the computer stays online only as long as it has to.

Each time I turn the network connection off, I get a little pop-up bubble that says:

Universal Control
Limited or no connectivity to
“Faderport 16 192.168.1.xxx”

. . . where xxx is a fixed IP address that I did not assign (and haven’t yet looked to see what program did).

I’m not even sure why the FaderPort needs (or just happens to have been given) an internal IP address in the first place.

So . . . there are probably plenty of things which cause that rather generic error message, but this link to the connected/disconnected state of the network adapter may or may not be a clue…