Steinberg Absolute (new) or Komplete 11 (upgrade)?

I know TEEF. I liked some of the older instruments and they’re now gone.

I ended up not getting Absolute for various reasons, and I guess I have to make a call on Komplete before the end of today. Not sure yet.

The other gripe I have with many of these ‘collections’ is that they seem to use the same ‘modules’ that make up their instruments. I thought about this at the very early stages of Komplete - I think I started with Komplete v2 - when I started seeing and/or hearing that the same distortion module was found in different instruments. At least that’s what it sounded like to me. So if you have some sort of synth component in Pro 5 or the B3 organ, it really felt like it came from or was included in Reaktor.

And then that’s what it felt like as the collection grew. And it makes complete sense; just make the individual components and include them in different instruments and market those as ‘more different’ than they maybe are. Not that they don’t have value, just that there’s a similarity of sound that I experience. When I listen to the demos of Komplete instruments that’s what strikes me. They ‘all’ have the same feel to me.