2020: 20 years of Nuendo: a personal THANK YOU

10.3 is a free update for Nuendo :slight_smile:

Wish I hadn’t paid full price and cross-graded from Cubase the week before the sale now! I grew up using Steinberg Pro24 back in 1988 on an Atari 1040ST and I’ve always come back to these products despite some of the challenges I’ve experienced over the years.

I was very anxious crossing over to Nuendo from Cubase half way through a project a few weeks ago, but when the Producer started asking me to clean up dialog and help with some home-grown ADR after I’d finished the score, I took the plunge and moved over to Nuendo. It’s not often you can say you have zero downtime in your workflow when you pick up a new product (against a deadline at that). Nuendo was a breeze to use for the most part. I still can’t get Video to work, which as a Film Composer is a major drawback, but I’m optimistic there’s a working codec out there somewhere waiting for me…

Thank you. I’ve been here since Nuendo Sytem One. Luckily, the RME 8i/o is still working, along with my Houston Controller. Only dead guy is the Steinberg Midex 8, which makes sense. It never felt like it was built to last. I still have the dongle keys for Nuendo and Nuendo Surround.

Thank you Timo and Steinberg team. Congratulations on the 1st 20 years. Nuendo is absolutely the best. We have been with Nuendo since v1.1. Unlike any other DAW (we have tried them all) Nuendo has replace our 24 track Studer ($60,00), Console ($100,00), Synchronizing systems ($20,000), Automation ($20,000), Video decks ($20,00), air conditioned machine rooms, full time maintenance staff. Nuendo does it all better.

Nuendo is great,
Fox

Good points ! :stuck_out_tongue:
congrats for the 20 years Nuendo anniversary. Thanks

Thank you so much, Fox. We try our best to further develop the plattform to highest standards.

Were on N1.5 to N5.5… Now back in with the N10.3 20th Ann update offer

Grats on 20 years

Wow - I’ve been using Nuendo forever - since 2001 after I came home from a mixing class that Roger Nichols taught down in Florida! He was using Protools, but the “Native” appeal of Nuendo I had read about sounded interesting so we went to see a demo from a Steinberg Nuendo Tour at Guitar Center. I had worked out an equipment diagram on the plane on the way back from Florida and it seemed like Nuendo would be a great fit, and it was so inexpensive I figured if it didn’t pan out, I’d go ProTools and it would be no big deal. So I bought Nuendo and have never looked back. I also ordered a pair of HD-1s to go with it which I still use - that was the one thing Roger was using that seemed like a must have!

That year I started gradually migrating my setup from an O2R / 3 x DA38 over to Nuendo. What an adventure.

And just last year I finally got to meet Fredo while on vacation in Belgium - what a treat these 20 years have been.

4 Likes

Jumped ship to Nuendo back in 2008 and never looked back. Looked/looking forward for every update that came along and glad to be a strong Nuendo advocate. thank you for making this product so intuitive and pleasure to work. Congrat for the anniversary.
SD

1 Like

I came on at V2 with plugin delay compensation. Sold my PT HD rig and never looked back.

Happy to have participated with the team on documentation when control room came out, syncstation, and later with Nuage and the Yamaha gang. I too remember when Cubase was the first to put audio with MIDI back in the 90’s and saw the future.

Well, here we are!

-Ashley

2 Likes

I have been using Nuendo since v1.5 when it was first released on MAC. congratulations on the anniversary

1 Like

Thank you i am part of nuendo since v1.0, it has been great journey with you guys .

Thank you!!

1 Like

I believe I too have been with Nuendo since version 1. Great program. I’ve looked at and tried most of the others but stil keep using Nuendo. It does what I want and I know it well.

1 Like

I’ve been using Cubase since VST 3.5 and Nuendo since V1.5. When Steinberg introduced System Link it established for me a combined Nuendo / Cubase workflow that I still use to this day.
My thanks to all the folks at Steinberg for these fantastic products.

Congratulations on the 1st 20 years. I have been using Nuendo since v1.5 when it was first released on MAC.

Thank you Timo, Fredo and Steinberg for a truly game-changing DAW and excellent relationship with us! Proud user since v1 in 2000!

Thank you so much. Great to have you onboard, Crispin!

1 Like

Just popping in to say hi and thanks for an incredible DAW. :raised_hands:

I can’t call myself a Nuendo veteran like some of you, but give me a decade or two – I have no plans of going anywhere else! I sold my Pro Tools HDX rig and converted to Cubase Pro as late as 2015, and realised after a while that Nuendo is where I should have been all along. This vast piece of software can do stuff that no other DAW can, and I love the fact that I can customise and mold it into being a program that feels made for me, to fit my workflow. :nerd_face:

Looking forward to hanging out with you all! :coffee::v:

1 Like

I have loved Cubase for many years, but alas my time with her is at an end since I have now upgraded to Nuendo!

It took a long time but now that the codebases for both programs have finally been united, I no longer need my old love and I can look forward to even more fantastic features, existing only in my new squeeze.