WL10 resource-hungry ?

Now on 10.0.40 and WL10 is still dreadful performance for me. Even at 512 samples just a couple of tracks with plugins on each causes 100% audio use and constant glitching. This is with an i9 7900x and RME HDSPe AIO. I tried the built-in audio card and it was the same level of performance.
At least in WL9.5 I could solo the track I was working on and that would lower the CPU use, but in WL10 soloing makes no difference!! Now you have to mute every single track to get the same release of CPU usage as you used to be able to get by just soloing the track you were listening to in WL9.5.

The basic problem is the same one I have been complaining about here for literally years: if you have an Audio Montage with plugins on each track, WL processes all plugins on all tracks all the time even when there is no audio file on those tracks. This is with VST3 plugins as well.

So it’s unusable for me right now and I need to get to the bottom of this. What can I send you so that you can take a better look at this ?