Link open Vsti GUI to selected Track

+1

+1

+1

You can make a hot key that open\close vst plugin, V is free BTW, so no need to use mouse.

I like this idea. More efficiency and less clicking/mousing.

+1 - I am moving from Logic to Cubase, but the lack of the “link” icon to show the currently selected track’s instrument is a huge pain compared to Logic. I’m dreading the impending hundred thousand or so “edit instrument track” commands I’m going to need to constantly open and close instrument tracks.

1 Like

+1

+1

Dear god, pleeeease this.

And add inserts to this too.

I’d dedicate a whole screen to vst guis if possible. The never-ending opening and moving around of plugins is real old and incredibly frustrating now when working with orchestral arrangements or generally large templates.

Cubase would have lost me to Studio One years ago, if not for Cubase’s articulation management and Studio One’s terrible comping/lane-editing.

+1 very good idea!

+1

+1

This would be really a big timesaver and avoid the occasional confusion.

+100000000

Seriously though, +1

Coming from Logic I use the window link all the time. +1000 here!

+1
“simple” things like that can reduce the thousands of clicks just to open and close plugins and vsti when moving from tracks to track. steinberg should have implemented it long time ago and hope it gonna be in cubase 11 or soon as possible. It’s tedious mixing/composing like that

lately im mixing on protools and i find that its less clicks regarding managing plugin GUI,éven though plugins don’t follow tracks. when opening plugin it closes the other as default, and you can open other plugin gui with key modifier if needed, so less clicks to close the other plugin and less clutter window

+1

Simple really is the operative word here.
It’s not just the opening of vsts. You can have a key command to open and close them in Cubase. But if you don’t close it, or you next gui covers the last one, it quickly becomes a mess. Changing screen sets gets rid of them all and you have to open them again. So flicking from a ‘project’ screen set to a ‘mixing’ screen set becomes annoying.
In Studio One, it’s not just the vst gui layout that’s awesome. It’s the dock. If you’re on a track, you have a ‘super editor’ window which has all your plugins tabbed. And changing tracks opens your vst and it’s tabbed plugins automatically… in the same spot… every time. It’s beyond brilliant for workflow.

yep,in other post,i requested long time ago the Studio one plugin behavior.
floating tabbed window for inserts plugins that follows track selection(also for vsti) as option.
was hoping it will make it in 11.
that’s the way to go if steinberg wants to get rid of massive clicking approach.
they try but it takes lot of years i guess, maybe until they sort it in all areas with too much clicking(inspector area one example) maybe the program needs to be called “clickbase pro” until then :wink:

+1