10.5 Buy Artist Get Pro Confusion

I just purchased Cubase 10.5 Artist to take advantage of the “Buy Artist Get Pro” promotion via the online shop. I’m at a loss as to how to receive the activation code for the pro version. The Steinberg website states “If you purchase the download version of Cubase Artist in the Steinberg Online Shop, you will receive an activation code for Cubase Pro 10.5 via email.”.

My best guess is that I need to activate the artist version on the USB elicenser before 7/28 to get the free upgrade to pro. If this is the case, I’m concerned the USB elicenser purchased at the same time as Cubase will not be here in time to receive the upgrade.

Am I missing some important info? What do I need to do to receive the pro activation code?

Note: I have sent these questions to the online shop support, but haven’t gotten a response yet.

Same here.
Bought today an artist version.
I have no idea how long I have to wait for my USB elicenser (I’m from Poland).
If it arrives after 28 july do I still get the Pro version instead of Artist one? (The reason I bought it today actually)
There is no clear information about that anywhere I looked.
Pls help

Definitely not a question for the user forum, but for Steinberg support.

Did that, now waiting.
Thought maybe someone solved this already.

Hey,

If you purchase the Cubase Artist download version in the Steinberg Online shop, you will receive a Cubase Pro license. You don’t have to worry about the USB eLicenser arriving late.

If you purchase a boxed version at your local retailer, you need to activate it until July 28, 2020 in order to get Cubase Pro. But in that case you already have the USB eLicenser included in the box.

Just if you have purchased a Cubase Artist box at an online retailer you have to make sure that the box arrives until July 28, 2020 in order to activate it in time.

Best regards,
Matthias

That clears it up.
Thank you very much!

Hi,

Just to see if someone would clarify.

I purchased the Cubase Artist download version through an online dealer (not the Steinberg Online Shop), and I have entered the Download Access Code in the Steinberg page.

What I see now is a page displaying a 32-digit Activation Code, and activation status is marked as “Not yet activated”.

My USB e-licenser ordered through my local retail store has not arrived yet, and may arrive in August.

I just want to make sure if I can still enjoy the “Buy Artist Get Pro”, and I can download and use the PRO version later.

Can I just stop at this stage after entering the Download Access Code, without entering the 32-digit Activation Code in the eLicenser Control Center as my USB e-licenser has not arrived yet? Will this stop me from having Cubase Pro but only Cubase Artist instead?

Thanks,
Albert

Hi, I purchased Cubase Artist 10.5 and activated it in April. Does this upgrade apply to my license too? If so, do I just use the download assistant to download Cubase Pro? Thanks!

Hello,
I discovered the offer yesterday and wanted to buy Cubase Artist from Thomann because I have a credit with them. I specify that I do not have an e-licenser key. It is very frustrating to be before the end of the offer and not be able to benefit from it because it is already too late … Would it be possible to send you the purchase invoice dated before the 28th? / 07 and still get a code for Cubase Pro for activation after 07/28?

Please help me.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Best regards,
Hervé H.

Simply re-read Matthias Quellmann´s reply several posts above. It is all in there.

No

Simply buy Cubase Artist from Steinberg and you’ll still get the deal (until 28th), and use your Thomann credit for something else.

Since you did not buy from Steinberg you have to activate the license using the USB e-licenser at latest the 28th, as clearly stated.
If you had bought if from Steinberg instead you would get the deal, now you missed it (unless you can get your hands on an USB e-licenser in time).

Hey Matthias, ( ** SOLVED, post edited ** )

I’ve just arrived from Holiday. I see the opportunity and the advertisement at the steinberg.net official shop, but it’s 29th of July – may I still get the opportunity to upgrade to Pro? Pleaseeeee answer ASAP, my credit card is holding its breath… :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

Gabor
Hungary

…Just had a phone call with Steinberg UK support, then ensured me that I will receive the Pro version. Support experience rated five star. :slight_smile:

Just interesting to see that the 28th July is mentioned to be the deadline where in the shop the promotion is still ongoing