Smooth Scrolling

+1

+1

+1

+1

This seems to be an ongoing issue as it’s been raised before in the past and yet nothing has changed.

The mouse scroll speed sucks!!

Please fix this… i.e if you drag the right scroll bar with the mouse it moves nice and smooth like, but if you turn the mouse wheel to scroll, it jumps too far and you lose track of where you are! With all the workflow improvements that keep getting added this seems like such a simple request and would make using the program much more pleasant! The way cubase has done away with the floating windows make it feel to me far more clunky and with the jumpy scrolling just makes it unpleasant to use, the poor navigation is messing with my workflow, if things get worse I’ll start looking at other DAWs.

Could this not be fixed with a simple update? If using the scroll bar can move the project smoothly then the mouse scroll wheel should be able to do the same, sort it out please!!

+1

My suggestion is to scroll by holding the middle mouse button. It’s very smooth.

+1

+1

+1

+1
also windows needs horizontal scroll support, this is like a very basic function. Thanks.

You know if you left or right click on a time display it will scroll of that value

It seems to be a Mac user request.

Not at all, I’m a windows user. I don’t understand why smooth scrolling would be a Mac user request. I know we can hit and hold the wheel then move around the mouse to drag the screen around. I my request was not smooth dragging, it was smooth scrolling. It would make working with Cubase a lot less tiring for the eyes. For those who spend 40h+ a week on Cubase, this just might be the most beneficial feature we could get. It would affect our overall experience no matter what your workflow is.

Cheers,

How exactly would you want to scroll around? Is there an application that does scrolling in a way you like?

I’m simply talking about basic scrolling vertically or horizontally while holding the shift key but making it smooth. And no need to look far, just look at the way google’s Chome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or whatever browser you use. They smoothly slide from increments instead of roughly jumping through them like Cubase does. Just scroll up and down this actual window to see what I mean and then compare with Cubase’s way of doing it. It almost feels like a strobe effect making me loose track of audio transients when I’m just a bit tired at the end of the day. It’s less apparent if you only work with midi, then you have the actual pitch and colors as a reference but when editing an audio track in the Sample Editor, looking at transients, I can assure you you’ll get lost every once in a while and smooth scrolling would help us a lot.

1 Like

In that case I like how it’s done in FL Studio. But you need a very steady refresh rate for that to look good.

I’m not sure what you mean with smooth scrolling? I have a logitech mouse and my wheel can be set to dented or smooth and I can change the scroll rate. I’ve got no smooth scrolling challenges? Shouldn’t you just upgrade your mouse with a wheel that’s not dented?

No it’s not the issue, I work with the Logitech G502 where I can even have totally free scrolling without any dents at all. Do I have to make a video for you guys? We all have that issue with Cubase, I guess it does not bother some of you because you probably work more with midi than audio and you don’t warp and tweak audio in the sample editor all day.

But even in the project window for exemple, scrolling jumps in steps compared to clicking and dragging the scroll bar (that would be smooth scrolling). Can’t you see that? It’s even more apparent when scrolling horizontally.

1 Like

might be the case, I think a video would be helpful.

That Logitech smooth scrolling is specific to Logitech. I believe the only reason you can do that in browsers is because there’s an extension installed. Don’t expect proprietary support like that in Cubase.