Clogged Pipes

Hi,

My last tune is named Clogged Pipes after a recent accident :smiley:

Any input is most welcome. :wink:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

I think this is so great, the opera mixed with rock guitar! Enjoying. Guitar sounds great. I like the middle part where you get some interesting piano parts and vocal parts. Maybe you would consider making the pads (strings and vocals) a little sparser - you don’t need them. Also the ending sort of appears with no warning.

Hi
good job man mixing epic into jazz and adding vocals… it was very fun to listen to… I agree with early21 about the ending . keep them coming.
as a side note : I don’t see clogged pipes … I see golden sax pipes!

@Early21 and @Masoomi,

Thank you so much for your comments, they are most welcome.

Yes, I have a habit of sort of fade out at the end instead of making an ending mostly since I lack vocals and/or laziness I guess :smiley:

The pads was the first instrument when I constructed the chord progression, so I`m very grateful for your comment as I sort-of mixed them down as the tune progressed but probably not enough and could probably (as you commented) remove them all together :slight_smile:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

@Early21 and @Masoomi,

Removed Strings and replaced organ with Steinberg Model C :slight_smile:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Really nice. Smiled all the way through. Still lobbying for a better ending.

Hi Early21,

Still lobbying for a better ending.

• Read and done :smiley: (At least I hope it`s better)

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Interesting mix of instruments and styles, and excellent production skills, everything being heard crystal clear on they own space, good work! :thumbsup:

@NathanBros

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

I love how jazz and guitar are melting together to create a new style and adding vocals is a great idea. What a great piece! And excellent production skills. Thank you for sharing your work.

Hi Musicjunkie100,

Thank you so much for your kind words, they are truly inspiring me :smiley:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Well, the ending is a lot less abrupt! I listen to this and I think, why can’t I do this? There are so many great sounds and thoughts put together in this.

Interesting composition and performance with a lot going on to grab the ear. Nice work. The guitar sound and execution reminded me a little of Terje Rypdal. Not sure if you’re aware of him, but guessing that if you’re Scandinavian, and so’s he. If you’re not familiar with him, you might want to give him a listen.
I hadn’t heard the earlier versions of this, but I enjoyed this. String bass sound was a nice contrast to the processed guitar, and the ambient vocals were cool. I also liked the fact that the “sax” didn’t really seem to be a saxophone, but was close enough to make that connection in this listener’s mind.

Hi Early21 and Swetch

Thank you so much for your postings :smiley: - Sorry for the late reply but has been traveling the last weeks.

Early21 - I think your music is great to (was visiting your page BandGarage)

Swetch

• Terje Rypdal, as a Norwegian I know his music very well, he has had numerous appearances on TV shows here in Norway.
  • One of my big guitar idols is David Gilmoure I think they share similar styles, but different music :slight_smile:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne