Logic Editor To Color Events/Clips/Tracks

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
chikitin

Logic Editor To Color Events/Clips/Tracks

Post by chikitin »

It would be nice to randomize the color of existing tracks or by increment or decrement a color number ( of course with wrap around). Currently, the Set Color parameter in PLE can only be set to a fixed value.

Sample Use cases: Say you split a clip into many pieces and you like the neighboring clips/event have different colors for visibility. also having more control over automatic track coloring.

If this is too hard, developers can add "color picker" to "add track dialog window.

Please vote!
+1
Last edited by chikitin on Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MacBook Pro & iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 1 TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external 32" Monitors
Surround configuration with subwoofer.
Dorico 3.5, Finale, VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

lovegames

Re: Logic Editor To Color Events/Clips

Post by lovegames »

chikitin wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:51 am
It would be nice to randomize the colour of existing tracks or by increment or decrement a colour number ( of course with wrap around). Currently, the Set Color parameter in PLE can only be set to a fixed value.

Please vote!
+1
What would be the purpose of this, just curious?

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

Thank you for the question. Please see the updated OP.
MacBook Pro & iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 1 TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external 32" Monitors
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

chikitin wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:05 am
You could create a Macro/PLE combo script that could do this, although maybe not randomly.

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

lovegames wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am
chikitin wrote:
You could create a Macro/PLE combo script that could do this, although maybe not randomly.
May you create & share it, please?

I tried KC, there are only three color related items none of which can color automatically ( just color 1).

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

lovegames wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am
chikitin wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the random part is what you can't do. I have a bunch of PLE Presets to color Tracks/Events/Parts but they are all to specific colors. As chikitn points out the only option for Colors is to "set to fixed value"

The only potential approach I can think of is to have a bunch Presets to set to specific colors and then to use a Macro to apply them to different Events. Does the color really need to be "random" or is "different" all that's required? If you had say a series of 10 Colors where each Event got the next Color and then it repeats in the same order, might that work?
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

suntower

Post by suntower »

I get the idea. In -my- dream world, every time I create a track with the word 'key' in the name it would be blue. And yellow for 'drum' and grey for 'vox', etc. One spends a surprising amount of time on 'housekeeping' and ways should be found to automate the look of a project as it grows.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

suntower wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am
I get the idea. In -my- dream world, every time I create a track with the word 'key' in the name it would be blue. And yellow for 'drum' and grey for 'vox', etc. One spends a surprising amount of time on 'housekeeping' and ways should be found to automate the look of a project as it grows.
You can do this in a single key press

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Logic Editor To Color Events/Clips/Tracks

Post by raino »

If you give each color a unique descriptive name (Drums, Kick, Snare, Strings, Viola, Synth Pad, etc.) you can do stuff in the PLE based on those names. Basically you can use the color names as a text tag you can associate with a Track.

I've got it setup to Show/Hide all Guitars, or Drums & Percussion, etc.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

suntower

Re: Logic Editor To Color Events/Clips/Tracks

Post by suntower »

Yes, gentlemen... you can do those things. But it's clunky. There should be some sort of 'intelligence' or 'template' deal where all the settings are automagically created when you create the track. :)
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”