[NO FIX] Mixdown of project of 63 minutes crashes Cubasis 3

1. Summary/Title
    Mixdown of project of 63 minutes crashes Cubasis 3

2. Description
    I have a project which is a mix of 37 audio files and the build in Cubasis effects which I want to Mixdown to WAV/FLAC or M4A.
    Always when in the middle of the Mixdown, Cubasis crashes (closes the app), so I am not able to mixdown my project.
    I’ve tried both Real-Time and no Real-Time.
    Below the zip file of the project:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W_KoOGarKbgpJDjc8TLmN0CZJABP5MjB/view?usp=drivesdk

I’ve did the following tests:
Exported the first 30 minutes → OK
Exported the last 30 minutes → OK
Exported in one go → Not OK

Imported the project also on my iPhone X and tried to Mixdown → Not OK, Cubasis immediately crashes when starting Mixdown
So I assume it is not related to any effect but more to size/duration/time to export/memory ?

1. Expected Results
    An exported file of my project

2. Actual Results
    No result, the app crashes

3. Environment
    iPad Pro 12.9inch
    iOS 13.5 beta 3
    Cubasis 3.0.2
    Mixdown between locators is selected, the rest not

Hi bdormael,

Thank you for your bug report, which has been entered to our bugbase and shared with the team.
Would it be possible for you to keep the download link active for some time?

Thanks again,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I’ll keep the link available until the ticket is closed.
Thx for your support.

Hi bdormael,

Thank you very much!

Our team is already preparing the upcoming Cubasis update.
Since the scope for this update has been approved already, your topic will be evaluated by the team after that.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I did some further testing and here is the result:

• When I Freeze every track first and then create a Mixdown, it works fine (kind of, because freezing is not always working fine, sometimes a shortened audio track is expanded fully in the freeze), but that ofcourse is a lot of work BUT
  • I use the effect “Spin FX” a lot, when freezing tracks or creating a mixdown, most of the the “Spin FX” is not taken into account, while other effects are properly exported. (eg. FX Cycle 4 or FX Reverse is never exported)

Hi Lars,

Can you share any updates already on issue above or an ETA ?

Hi bdormael,

As of yet I have no news regarding the issue.
Added your additional comment to the bug report which is shared with the team.

Best,
Lars

Hi bdormael,

Our engineers evaluated the issue.

The main problem with this project is RAM, due to the huge amount of SpinFX (35! incl 2 in send) in combination with stretch.

On iPad 7 and one of our iPhoneX it is not possible to load the project in the first place.
With some of the spinFx removed the project loads and the mixdown works as expected also.

Please give it a try to reduce the number of SpinFX effects.
Using multiple SpinFX per track may not be necessary. Using SpinFX as send effect may not be necessary.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars