Worth the switch from Sibelius?

Welcome to the forum, tripalreno4. Thousands of Dorico users have made the switch from Sibelius, and on the whole I believe the vast majority of them have been glad they did.

My suggestion would be to download and use the 30-day trial version before you make a decision. Try to accept that you will very likely find working in Dorico slower than Sibelius to start with, because you won’t have any of its idioms internalised yet, but as you become more comfortable with the software, you’ll very likely find that you can work more quickly and efficiently in Dorico. I would suggest you start with a small-ish project, and take your time. There is plenty of help available, and I commend the FAQ thread to you as it has lots of advice for new users.

I will also drop a slight hint and say that there will be an opportunity to crossgrade from Sibelius and Finale at a lower price than £230 later in the summer, so I would certainly recommend taking full advantage of the 30-day trial version in the meantime.

1 Like