[SOLVED] ExMap and PercMap Not Working - Help Needed

Your to do list is based on the assumption that combined p.t’s are not to be used. This makes a certain amount of sense to me as a lot of the problems with EM’s seem to be in not correctly programming the combinations. However, many want to use combinations and if you look at how for instance the “official” Sibelius soundsets have been programmed by VSL, they tend to include a large number of combinations which are purely for notation as they duplicate the actually available patches which are insufficient for all the combinations offered and can lead to contentious substitution decisions. In something like the Dimension Strings (I use the SE vol 5), this would make for a huge number from actually existing patches alone as everything would have to be spelled out for all the player combinations. They chose not to support the player combinations in the soundset at all! I’m interested in how they will approach their Dorico offerings.

WIth your approach (and indeed mine in the Dimension strings) if you do need two p.t’s to run at once, you can separate the two by putting the second between the first and second notes so Dorico will be able to read both. It gets a bit more complicated for obvious reasons such as then making careful considerations as to how to design the mutual exclusions. Eventually you’ll probably find situations where combinations are needed but I’m all for keeping things simple where possible.