Cubase 10.5 HiDPI on Windows 10

I suggest you to read what’s in the link of my previous post. After this, the ‘slow pace of development’ and ‘long-standing bugs’, well… Yes, there are many things that I expect since years to be fixed/improved : just an example to illustrate my point. But it’s more or less the same thing for all DAW/host publisher, AFAICS.

I’ll take Reaper example, as it’s the one I know best. Almost everyone on the net praises how ‘reponsive’ the devs team is and and how quickly issues are solved. Meanwhile, Reaper is still plagued with MIDI bugs (stuck notes, among others…), an unusable navigator, display issues, with an increasing number of ‘actions’ and ‘scripts’ to solve the lack of basic stuff such as splitting an MIDI item/event without cutting the notes underneath, the whole thing slowly becoming a workflow nightmare (no less than 3000 scripts done by users - with no true quality control - publicly available in different places). And yes, the Reaper HiDPI management is still at the beta stage and themes dependent, as each involved graphic file related to a given component/control needs to be redrawed, and this for each and every scale : 125%, 150%, etc.

So, you’ll probably find a counter example elsewhere, but the truth is : all this, and especially the HiDPI mess, takes a lot of time to set properly. A time which isn’t used to solve the ‘Long-standing bugs’, as you named it. So, at the end, what choice should be done ?