Key/Note name on file

Hello,

Is there a way to add the name of the key on a number of clips when exporting them separately? Keys are ranging from C-1 to C3 and I want each file to have each key in the file name.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Did you try a naming scheme?

Hi Phillipe,

Yes, but apparently I’m not using it correctly because when I chose one of these options nothing really happens. Can you please help me?

MIDI Note is an attribute of audio files, not clips. Hence it can’t work from the montage.

Oh really? I thought that since I can render all selected clips separately as audio files I could put and attribute in the naming scheme to show the Key Note starting from C-1 to B2.

So what do you suggest to do? Now I have these chops into 48 audio files. “Bass 1”, “Bass 2” etc. and need to add “Bass 2_C-1”, “Bass 2_C#-1”, “Bass 2_D-1” etc.

Then use the Clip Renaming tool. eg.
2020-07-12_07-37-28.png

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work. Do you have any idea why?

It works here, but on Clips, not on Audio Files, as you are doing (tried on WaveLab 9.5 and 10).
Of course the audio file must have a sample key assigned to it.

I’m kind of confused. Aren’t these clips? (see attachment)
Also, when you say that audio file must have a sample key assigned to it, what do you mean?

Yes, they are clips. But your picture with renaming names show audio file names, not clips.

For key I meat this:

So basically, I need to add the SampleAtribute to EACH of the 48 audio? One by one? That is taking me the same time (even more) than just renaming the files with their keynote in the end. I was hoping for something a lot faster. “Bass_001” and starting from C#-1 and automatically WaveLab to add the consecutive keynotes to the rest numerically named consecutive audio files.

So basically, I need to add the SampleAtribute to EACH of the 48 audio? One by one?

Hmm, if you produce wav files without a sample attribute, what is the end purpose?
Where did you enter this key info so far?

The end purpose is the quick rename the actual files by adding the keynote at the end of the file name for example “Bass_001_C1” etc. Is there a way to do that? After your precious help, apparently there isn’t because WavLab can rename and add this information at the file itself only if it is attributed on the audio correct? But this takes for ages. Instead there could be an option to select the region of keynotes, for example “C1-C4” and WavLab add at the end of the file name and consecutively the keynotes to “Bass_001”, “Bass_002” etc. Can WavLab do such thing?

The end purpose is the quick rename the actual files by adding the keynote at the end of the file name

What I don’t understand, is where is stored this keynote, where does it come from?

Wait a second, I might have messed up completely trying to give you the hole picture here. Going to take the whole from the beginning. I have sampled a synthesizer. I have recorded in one audio take 48 16th notes starting from c-1 to b2. I have then imported this whole audio take (named" Bass_C-1_B2") in a montage file. I have then chopped in the montage the file into 48 different clips. All I the need to do, is to export these 48 clips as separate audio but each sample to have at the end of the file name the keynote. And I was hoping I could tell WavLab to start adding in the file name the keynotes starting from “C-1” consecutively and eventually end up with the 48th sample in the row (in montage) to be the B2 sample. Does all this makes sense?

You could use the wave editor and auto split function. This lets you add the midi note as part of the name.

Create region markers and split according to markers.

And I was hoping I could tell WavLab to start adding in the file name the keynotes starting from “C-1” consecutively and eventually end up with the 48th sample in the row

Sorry, not possible.

misohoza YOU ARE A GOD SENDER! That’s exactly what I was looking for thank you so much you saved me valuable time! Thank god you saw my post and replied! Thanks a million again!