What happened to my rhythm slashes? [SOLVED]

Here is a look at file where I use rhythm slashes. They have turned into bizarre F clefs.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 1.11.55 PM.png
Fontbook is showing that I have Bravura version 1.216 in use. Not sure if that is the latest version or not.

Robby

That’s a very old version of Bravura. You should be on Bravura 1.37, I think (though you could also choose to download the latest version of Bravura from GitHub and install that if you wish).

Being new to this 'Github" thing, is there a specific file I need, aside from the Bravura.otf? I see a lot of other files.

Robby

Another question… how do I know what font I have? I installed the font from Github (Bravura.otf). In Font Book, I still show that the version is 1.216 (under view, show font info), despite having just installed the latest file from Github.

Robby

OK… I think I solved the issue. On my Mac, Font Book was default installing to “User” and not “Computer”. Under computer, Bravura wouldn’t even display, and Bravura Text showed version 1.37.

I deleted both Bravura and Bravura Text from the “User” category, and set the preferences to install to computer. I reinstalled the fonts, and now everything shows the correct version number.

Robby