VST Instruments issue

Hello, i have Cubase 10 Pro and for 3-4 months, when i select ‘‘VST Instruments’’ on the right ‘‘Media’’ bar, the whole application freezes. So i have to close it, open it again and i can’t select any Vst Instrument any more.

Please help me
Thank you

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

If you are on Windows, use Microsoft ProcDump utility, please, to generate a DMP file. Then share it via Dropbox (or similar) here, please.

Hello, thank you for your response. Yes i’m on windows and this is the link of the DMP file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8zjgze

Hi,

I have resolved the DMP file, what leads me to some more questions.

• Did you make your custom pictures of some VST Instruments? Do you have some custom pictures in the VST Instruments Rack?
  • How old is your USB-eLicenser? Do you have the latest one or some of the older one?
  • How is your USB-eLicenser connected? Do you use USB-hub? Is it connected to USB3 port or USB2?

Could you try to start eLCC and trigger Maintenance?

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Thank you again.
I tried in ‘‘Cubase Safe Start Mode’’ (Disable preferences) and still i have the same problem.

• No i didn’t make my own costum pictures or other costum pictures in the Vst instruments.
  • I bought my USB-eLicenser 1 year ago, with Cubase 10 Pro and i don’t know if it’s the latest one.
  • My USB-eLicenser is connected to a USB 3.0 port.

How can i start eLCC and trigger maintenance?

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Right-click to the eLCC application and choose Start as Administrator. While eLCC application start you are asked to trigger the Maintenance. Do so, please.

Yes i did it. I still have the same issue.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-30391

I looked at the dump file. Cubase got stuck reading a file from the vstsound container: “FCP_SMT_790_Padshop2_Presets.vstsound”.

I have it installed here:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_790_Padshop2_Presets.vstsound

Could you please temporarily remove it and check again?

Hi! I sent you a pm, offering a beta installer to update the protection components. Please let us know if you still run into the issue and if you want to install the updated eLicenser, in case I will not read my forum mail, here is the link: https://download.steinberg.net/static_content/eLC-6-12-4-1271-d7ec7906-1e69-4aa9-8616-36c4786a1af7/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

Best regards,
Joerg

We will close the investigations because of missing feedback.

Private reply from TaylorG:

Still unclear if removal of the archive would change anything.

Internal reference: see CAN-30391