Using StudioLogic Mixface with Cubase

Hi,

I have my Mixface working perfectly in Cubase 10 Pro - both in Windows and Mac. So, let’s narrow down your problem a bit, while you probably have done all this already if you have followed the support videos etc. I understood that nothing is working for you, for example, start/stop buttons.

1. Have you installed Steinberg SKI extension? (Steinberg SKI Remote | Steinberg)
  2. Have you added “Mackie Control” device in Cubase (Studio → Studio Setup → Remote Control) and set MIDIIN3 (SLMIXUSB) and MIDIOUT3 (SLMIXUSB) as your MIDI input and output ports in that same setup dialog?
  3. In you Mixface SL, are you in DAW mode and have configured the port to “USB DEV” and Type to “Cubase-Nuendo”? (DAW mode → Edit → Global settings → DAW port and type)
  4. Have you used some other program than Cubase to see if you are getting MIDI data in properly? For example, go and download&install the free Pocket MIDI (Pocket MIDI). Open it up and set the input port to MIDIIN3 (SLMIXUSB) and check that you are getting MIDI data in. For example, if you hit the Play/Stop button on Mixface, you should see in the MIDI in monitor:

Port1 Ch 1 NoteOn 90 5E 7F [A#5]
Port1 Ch 1 NoteOn 90 5E 00 [A#5]

Transport buttons should always work and they are not configurable - they should work in either DAW or control mode. For control mode, you can map whatever MIDI messages you want to be sent for each knob/slider. And store them in the program slots.