Sustain Pedal [CC64] not being recorded in Cubase AI 10.5

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
ezbie

Sustain Pedal [CC64] not being recorded in Cubase AI 10.5

Post by ezbie »

Irrespective of which VST I use, when I play the keyboard, the sustain pedal works fine, also when I'm recording the MIDI track, I can hear it works, but the CC64 parameter is not registered after the recording is done and as a result I have no sustain.

I tested in another DAW and I can record with any VST and sustain will be recorded just fine.

All of this leads me to the conclusion the problem is in Cubase itself. So what should I do to fix this issue?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Sustain Pedal [CC64] not being recorded in Cubase AI 10.5

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

Most often, this happens, if you have a Mackie Control Device as a Remote Control enabled and your MIDI Port is set as an Input (by accident).

Open Studio > Studio Setup. Can you see Mackie Control in the Remote Devices folder here? If yes, double check, the MIDI Input is set to None, or just remove the Mackie Control device completely.

If this is not the case, double check all MIDI Remote devices here in the folder.

Last option would be to check the Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter. Make sure MIDI Controllers filter is not enabled or specifically CC64 is not filtered out here.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

ezbie

Re: Sustain Pedal [CC64] not being recorded in Cubase AI 10.5

Post by ezbie »

SImply opening the MIDI editor and selection the CC64 (sustain) channel solved the issue, I didn't need to do anything else. By the way, the sustain information was already being recorded, but it was not playing back.

Return to “Issues”