I rerecorded an old ambient guitar piece

Thanks! I am a big fan of Hammock, and certain sounds on some of my instrumental songs are inspired by them.

I’m playing a little Chihei Hatakeyama now. I’d never heard of him before. The sounds are indeed drowning in delay and reverb. Very dreamlike. Thanks for the heads up on these artists. Today there are so many creative people doing ambient music, I can’t keep up. I have a bunch in my likes on soundcloud, which I added as I came across their music.

The original version of this song had a synth doing the bass, but as I mentioned, I’ve got better effects and mix tools now than in I did in 2011. What I tried on this song and one other that just got released is putting a bass guitar through my Electro Harmonix Super Ego pedal, which will take the note and keep playing it for as long as I want. When I mixed the track I ran the bass track through the Waves Maserati Bass plugin, which has a few presets that have doubling, so you get a sound more like a synth with a couple of detuned oscillators.