Refund

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
TooLoose

Refund

Post by TooLoose »

Hi. I purchased a license for Elements on 11 June. I really wanted the Artist edition but encountered problems with the dongle as soon as I plugged it in so I decided to get Elements first and upgrade later. It's a DCOM issue. I've been waiting for you to resolve this issue but decided not to wait any longer. It has been nearly a month and I still can't use Cubase on my computer. The tech I spoke with this Monday said Cubase will not run on my computer. I want a refund. I wrote to USA yamaha on Monday and haven't heard back. Could somebody please contact me and explain the procedure for a refund?

I am customer #111327154

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Refund

Post by raino »

TooLoose wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi. I purchased a license for Elements on 11 June. I really wanted the Artist edition but encountered problems with the dongle as soon as I plugged it in so I decided to get Elements first and upgrade later. It's a DCOM issue. I've been waiting for you to resolve this issue but decided not to wait any longer. It has been nearly a month and I still can't use Cubase on my computer. The tech I spoke with this Monday said Cubase will not run on my computer. I want a refund. I wrote to USA yamaha on Monday and haven't heard back. Could somebody please contact me and explain the procedure for a refund?

I am customer #111327154
Ummm, this is a user forum - we can't do that for you. You need to work with whoever sold Cubase to you (music store, Nexway AG - aka the online store). Pretty sure that you'd want to contact Steinberg and not Yamaha (who aren't involved in the day-to-day management of their subsidiaries like Steinberg, Line6, Ampeg, etc.)

However it does seem odd that Cubase won't run on your computer - any details as to why?
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Milkman76

Re: Refund

Post by Milkman76 »

Steinberg/Yamaha offers refunds via email support. They offered it to me last month. They also direct users to come here for support, and they take months to respond via email, so this seems a catch22 for many users who need help.
Pinned post:
Steinberg wants you to know that hyperthreading(virtual cores) in cubase does not work on a variety of hardware platforms, but also does not want to lose any revenue, so is hiding and obfuscating the issue on their forums and allowing pro-brand accounts to create arguments and fighting between angry customers and themselves. TURN OFF hyperthreading, and your ASIO realtime spikes usually go away.

Return to “Issues”