Are Steinberg/Yamaha planning an affordable 8-10 hardware fader controller with CC121-like integration?

Well, in my experience, like close to 20 years now, Steinberg doesn’t really talk much about anything new that’s coming so I doubt you’ll hear anyone say anything about it until it’s firmly set that they’re releasing something.

As for what you’re looking for though I think I agree with others that your best bet is likely either to go Eucon, which will be about two times more than the Console 1 Fader, or go with a Mackie ‘clone’. Generally I’d say that some sort of LED strip with channel names is pretty much needed.

Actually, I’ll also add that it seems unlikely that Steinberg or Yamaha would develop a very good controller at a price even close to what you’re looking at, simply because the market is pretty small and the better the device is the more it’s going to compete with Nuage. I think we all want a Yamaha/Steinberg equivalent to the Avid cheaper stuff (with better faders maybe) for about the same price… but it’s a small market…