Time Signature keep changing in project

I’ve found an issue with time signature in my projects, time signature changes from one bar to the next. I move it, but it keeps moving when I close and open the project again. I even locked the track, but it still happening. This is in Cubase pro 10.5.

Hi,

Sorry I don’t really understand your description.

1. Have a project with a Signature track and signature marker.
  2. You move the Signature marker to other place. (Right?)
  3. Save the project. (Right?)
  4. Close the project and reopen the project. (Right?)

=> The signature marker is at the new position. (Right)?

This is how does it work on my side. What is wrong on this? What’s different on your side?

Sorry, I know it was confusing… the thing is that I have a signature track with changes on selected bars from 4/4 to 2/4 and then again 4/4.

From bar 1 to 20 it’s 4/4 then at bar 21 it changes to 2/4, then at bar 22 it changes back to 4/4.

The problem is that upon closing and opening the project again, bar 22 (that should be 4/4) is 2/4 and bar 23 is when 4/4 is starting. This is done automatically by cubase, even if have the signature track locked.

I then have to manually move the 4/4 from bar 23 to bar 22.

That happens almost every time i open the project, I don’t always notice it, because it really doesn’t affect the arrangement, but it shouldn’t be happening.

Hope that explains it…

Hi,

Could you attach the project, please? You can keep just the Signature track and delete all other tracks.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Here you can download two projects, so you can compare both. Both have issues.

Things happening:

1. When I was programing the signature track I added the first 4/4 and the changes 2/4 to 4/4 in the corresponding bars. Cubase then added 4/4 in several bars (I didn’t do that).
  2. Cubase is moving the 2/4 one bar to the right
  3. Cubase is adding 2/4 where there isn’t a signature change

These are the correct signature changes I have in the track, so you can check the projects:

4/4 : Bars: 1 - 23
2/4 : Bars: 23 - 24
4/4 : Bars: 24 - 33
2/4 : Bars: 33 - 34
4/4 : Bars: 34 -44
2/4 : Bars: 44 - 45
4/4 : Bars: 45 - 53
2/4 : Bars: 53 - 54
4/4 : Bars: 54 - 65
2/4 : Bars: 65 - 66
4/4 : Bars: 66 - 68

Thank you for your help!!
Willy

Hi,

What steps should I do, to be able to reproduce it, please? Which of the project should I open? Which Time Signature mark should I move? To which position? Save the project and close or close and save Save while closing?

In my post I indicated the bars that have the 2/4 and 4/4 changes. You can open either or both projects and check if the bars I wrote are correct on those projects (I included both project saves because both have different signature changes and they should be the same as the list below):

4/4 : Bars: 1 - 23
2/4 : Bars: 23 - 24
4/4 : Bars: 24 - 33
2/4 : Bars: 33 - 34
4/4 : Bars: 34 -44
2/4 : Bars: 44 - 45
4/4 : Bars: 45 - 53
2/4 : Bars: 53 - 54
4/4 : Bars: 54 - 65
2/4 : Bars: 65 - 66
4/4 : Bars: 66 - 68

You can check just by opening and closing the projects and comparing with the list above.

Just when I was preparing those projects I noticed that Cubase created a 2/4 in a bar that there wasn’t supposed to be one, and all the 4/4 that you see I didn’t put them there, I just programed them on the bars showed on the list.

Hi,

On my side both projects open with the exactly same Time Signature track. See attached screenshot, please.

Hi!

I see… but the first 2/4 in my list (as I programmed it) is at bar 23. The first 2/4, shown in your screenshot is at bar 15 then again at bar 23. The next change in my list is at bar 33, but in your screenshot is at bar 25 and so on.

There should be 2/4 only in these bars:

2/4 : Bar: 23 from bar 24 it’s 4/4
2/4 : Bar: 33 from bar 34 it’s 4/4
2/4 : Bar: 44 from bar 45 it’s 4/4
2/4 : Bar: 53 from bar 54 it’s 4/4
2/4 : Bar: 65 from bar 66 it’s 4/4

All other 2/4 were placed by Cubase.

If you check your screenshot there are more 2/4 than the ones I listed here. In my case even If I fix and delete the extra ones, when I open the project again, those signature changes are moved again.

Hi,

My question is, if I can reproduce the issue when Cubase creates, move or delete the Time Signature by itself.

Can I do something with your project to see the bug here in my side, please?

I only open the project, I don’t do anything special. Open, work on it and save, then close and reopen it.

I know it’s difficult if it’s something so random.

Every time you open the project check if the signature markers are moved or if there are new ones created, that’s what happens to me.

I downloaded your files and both had the extra sigs.

I removed them and saved. There are 2/4 sigs at 23, 33, 43, 53, 63. Each is followed by a 4/4 sig on the following bar.

I saved, then closed the file. I then reopened and observed no change on the time sig track.

Here is the file after I saved it: https://we.tl/t-vQLbO2TKJa (link expires in 7 days)

I opened your file and it opened fine several times. I just don’t know why Cubase would create sigs everywhere or move them around.

I removed the extra sigs on the project I am working on and hope they stay in place.