AAF production sound relink

I’ll make some tests for the “different reels” issue and find the best way to do it. For now, I import the production audio (mixdown #1) from one day on one track, remove all the other reels in the EDL and reconform. And do the same thing for each shooting day.

I just import one mixdown track and use the “field recorder” relink to layers, as we can’t import (afaik) multitrack audio to dedicated audio track at once. If I import all the multitrack production audio from one reel to Nuendo, I get “cascading” style tracks. For example : 1st take → track 1-8, 2nd take → tracks 9-18, etc … So you can have a lot of audio tracks created ! I then have to manually move all the takes to let’s say audio tracks 1-16 and have all the takes on these dedicated tracks. The other import option put all the multichannel tracks on each other in just 1 audio track.

If I use the “field recorder” relink, I can relink from just 1 mixdown track, get all the associated tracks from production audio on layers and then create dedicated audio tracks from these layers.

Thanx for your answer !