Used Interfaces and Licensing

I tried - so I have 2 dongles, one for my Steinberg UR824 and one which I got from buying Steinberg artist 6.0 back in the day and constantly updated up to Cubase Pro 10. That’s on the old DAW with now an old M-Audio Delta1010. The Basic FX license shows up there on the USB licenser. I have no idea how to transfer it to the other USB dongle (the one with the Pro 10.5 license on it) on the new DAW. What exactly are you suggesting? You cannot drag+drop the licenses or move them to the cloud like you can on many other licensing software. unless I really really misunderstand the software, they just sit there on the hardware licenser and are basically stuck on it forever.

It seems the only way to “install” a license onto a different dongle is by entering an activation code, but these are “once-use” only and it seems one is really stuck and at the mercy of support to recreate a new one for you. I don’t mind if I can’t use the Basic FX suite on the old machine anymore, but having projects crash out on my brand new i9 in front of the client is really a bad experience (I don’t like when 3rd party plugins make Cubase stuck, but I really do not understand how it can happen with an “in-house” thing that is being sold with Steinberg’s hardware).

They should have thought of that when they designed this system. Plus my support request actually dates back June 6th (I checked) so I am waiting for a reply for more than 3 weeks now.