CSV Markerlist from Nuendo import

Hi,

is it possible to import a Markerlist that is generated by Nuendo as a CSV file into Wavelab. I do a lot of audiobooks etc and create a Markertrack in Nuendo with the startpoint for each chapter. So, when I create the Master it would be very easy to use the Nuendo Markertrack information to create the CD track information?

Carsten

+1 for all apps (in the entire world.!) to be working together better. :slight_smile:

How do you ge the audio from Nuendo to WaveLab?

If you render a Nuendo WAV file, and open it in WaveLab, then yes it is possible.
This was not tested for ages, I must say.

The convention is described there:

The manual is stating AES-31, but I rather think this works when opening an audio file.

Note that the method can work with any other application producing markers, not just Nuendo.

I’m using this with embedded markers in WAV files from Reaper and it is working perfectly.

Nils

1 Like

Hi,

unfortunatly it is not possible to extract the markers from a rendered audiofile (mixdown) from Nuendo. The only way is to export from Nuendo as an AES 31 file. But when I use , what I do, the automation or even the Faders in Nuendo that will not be exported. So it would be nice if markers created in Nuendo could be imported into Wavelab using the benefits of both softwares.

Carsten

You mean, the wav/bwf files from Nuendo do not have markers embedded? Or are the markers not recognized by WL?

Nils

It would be helpful if Wavelab had an ‘Import Markers from CSV file’ function (it can already export markers as a CSV file).

Another solution is for Nuendo to export markers as XML files in the appropriate format for import into Wavelab, since Wavelab already has an ‘Import Markers from XML file’ function.

AFAIK currently the only way to transfer markers from Nuendo to Wavelab is using AES31. Markers are not embedded in the wav/bwf files.

Maybe creating a cue sheet could help getting the markers from Nuendo to WL. Looks like Nuendo can export them:

Importing a cue sheet with a corresponding audio file as a montage into WL should be possible, afaik.

Nils

Hi,

the problem is nor to export markers of Nuendo but to import them into wavelab, One can export csv files fromNuendo, but they cannot be imported into Wavelab.

Carsten