Unable to record from external Keybaord

Hello,
Just got Cubase LE 10.5. I am new to all this, but so far so good.
I have Windows laptop and M-Audio 49 Midi Keyboard and Komplete Audio 1 interface.

I plan to record Oriental beats and sounds, I have a Yamaha PSR-300 Oriental Keyboard.
I connected it through the In-2 Jack on my Komplete and the other end in the Headphones plug of the Yamaha.
I am able to hear it through the Komplete card (using headphone connected to Komplete Audio1), but unable to receive any reaction from Cubase.

Basically, I want whatever sound comes out of my keyboard (Beat + sounds or sounds only) to be recorded in Cubase.

I have created an Audio track, Set Input Routing to Mono in 1, Output to Stereo out. No pulse in cubase.
Might be very simple question but I am stuck, Youtube videos most of them skip through steps and am stuck!
Thanks ,

Hi and welcome,

Most probably Mono in 1 bus is not connected to In-2 Jack of your NI Komplete Audio 1. Please double check in the Studio > Audio Connections.

I would recommend to watch Steinberg Cubase Quick Start Video Tutorials.

Be aware, some menu entries has been renamed since Cubase 10:

• Devices = Studio
  • Device Setup = Studio Setup
  • VST Connections = Audio Connections

Thank you Martin,
I looked at the videos and still stuck :frowning:
My cable is in in-2 at the Komplete box, switch on Line instead of Instr. (tried both),
Added an Audio track to my project .I can see the Midi activity in bottom right working when I play, and I can hear the PSR in my headphones.

still nothing recording
Sorry for that, but I really need to record all what my keyboard plays to get the Oriental beats and instruments plus the quarter notes.

Hope you can help with this.
Regards,

Track_Config.png

Hi,

As I can see in the Studio > Audio Connections, the PSR_BUS (which is in use for the Audio mono track) is using Input 1 Device Port. So either connect your PSR to Input 1 of the Komplete Audio 1 Audio Device or change the settings in the Audio Connections to Input 2.

Btw, you should use Line In, not Instrument level for a keyboard. Instrument is for direct Guitar or Bass input.

AMAZING,
Tank you it worked!!! magically.

Thanks for your help.