DSP-powered effects

As written in the ad :
“Powered by Yamaha’s custom-designed next generation DSPX chip, the AXR4 features the benefits of dspMixFX AXR technology for latency-free monitoring, as well as the acclaimed Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X reverb and the Vintage Classics VCM Compressor 276 and VCM EQ601.”

Will there be other effects available in the next version ? like guitar amps for example ?

Here’s hoping :blush:

Just wish they’d include the option of adding the reverb to the mix. Am I wrong for wanting to be able to use it for recording? Rev-X sounds so good.

do you not get a software VST version? I did with my UR824 perhaps that’s why I didn’t notice it wasn’t there with the AXR4 I agree it’s a great sounding reverb.

M

You do get a vst version and you can save presets from the AXR4 mixer and recall them in your session. Easy.

Agree there should be more exciting effects added to AXR4. I’m tempted to buy one but it just kinda puts me off for some reason! The clunky old interfaces of the FX that are 10 years old and the same ones as I’ve been using in my old MR16CSX in a £2000 flagship product? Not exactly inspiring me to break out the credit card. At least reskin them from the old horrible graphics…just seems lazy not to!
Honestly, I think they should include the entire Yamaha vintage suite from the website as a minimum. They’re grossly overpriced plugins on the website, certainly compared to what is available from people like Plugin Alliance / Waves as high quality newly released plugins with latest innovations and modelling tech.
Might be wrong but I really cant see steinberg making much money selling these when up against PA / Waves etc, so why not reward their biggest investing customers and add the suite to the AXR4 - that would make it alot more appealing (but yeah get the reverb reskinned and the amps from UR range back in too!)
I think that might nudge me into buying. Maybe not the most rational reasoning as probably wont use them too much, but the overall perception of the FX implentation just seems like 10 year old software, poorly executed and non-premium for a product which is being pushed as such a modern flagship piece. The alternative I’m considering is the antelope orion which has pretty stunning FX implementation. Think Steinberg have a bit of work to do to keep up with the DSP side of things.

In fact now i come to think of it…given that the silk processing is a digital emulation, that should be bundled as software to use in cubase on any track within a project. Is this the case already? If not it really should be!
It seems a bit limiting that silk is only for use on the mic preamps and cant be used on other inputs. This would solve that issue.

" The clunky old interfaces of the FX that are 10 years old and the same ones as I’ve been using in my old MR16CSX in a £2000 flagship product? Not exactly inspiring me to break out the credit card."

Will Steinberg ever listen? So spot on.

Where is this vst? I do not have it >__<

I also do not have a standalone version that came with my AXR4T. Where do I get my hands on this for free please? System is telling me I have to purchase it??

As far as I remeber there is a card with a license number in the box the AXR comes in. If you add this license to your eLicense you should be fine.