Any disadvantages from using Nuendo over Cubase?

I may be too late to help you now, but…I crossgraded from Cubase 8 to Nuendo 10 just before the sale :0(
I did this because I was mid movie and the Producers asked me to do some post production stuff to clean up dialog and add some ADR ‘since I was doing the audio anyway’. I figured I needed a Cubase upgrade anyhow and it would be cross from composing into the post-production world.

My learnings -

1. The composing features in Nuendo 10 (vs Cubase 8) are painful to relearn. Some simple things are still broken (?) and I can’t get to work (e.g. tempo changing!).
  2. The Post production features in Nuendo are cool and hit the nail dead on. I was sharing files with guys over at Netflix using ProTools and their stuff wasn’t sounding anywhere near as good as what I was doing in Nuendo. I was learning on the job in real time, under pressure and a deadline, but the Cubase background helped me move to Nuendo quickly and get stuff done fast.
  3. The video encoding in C10/N10 is crap. I can’t get any video to work without stuttering no matter what encoders I use. I ahve to export to Adobe premiere pro to mixdown final video cuts, which is a pain.

Bottom line - the Post prod features in Nuendo are great. The composing ‘improvements’ from Cubase 8 are awful, and the Video is a non-starter now unfortunately until I can figure out how to get it to work. I’m 6 weeks in now though and no luck yet. Unless you’re planning on doing lots of Post-prod/Atmos editing then stick with an earlier version of Cubase, else get Nuendo + a real Video syncing product together.