Anybody using Nektar Panorama with Cubase 10

Nektarine isn’t available for download for that set up… but, we did realise, if enabling (dare i say it) Studio 1 as another DAW in your profile, enables the download, and a newer firmware.

I’ve played around with the Standalone version of Nektarine but not tried to “backdoor” my own file yet. I wont be using Nektarine inside of Cubase, not using a wrapper was 1 of the main reasons for buying the P series. I’m hoping to use Nektarine to rename folders etc, then swap out the files the P series looks for.

Fingers crossed it works!

Yeah nektarine standalone is great for creating mappings, especially as you can create shortcuts to pages on the bottom buttons which means you haven’t got to rely on the selector knob to navigate.

And it’s simple to copy the mappings across so that the P series can have the benefits but with its transparent operation.

Also Nektar told me there is an issue with Cubase and Nektarine that they hope to fix soon. Can’t remember exactly the issue but it’s related if you’re in mixer mode and have the Plugin running that the controls lock on the Plugin, so that’s probably why cubase doesn’t have the nektarine download option?

is that with Nektarine running or with Nektarine made files?

I made another post here, in relation to the fader banks. I’m getting crazy behaviour.

That’s with Nektarine running within Cubase as a plugin - Nektarine made files are fine. But that’s why you’re best to run Nektarine standalone to create them vs within Cubase.

This is what I’m hoping but it’s currently not working properly for me. I’m hoping we get a Cubase upgrade pretty soon. It’s been a while by the looks of things/

Oh whats the issue then?

When I swap the Nektarine file with where the P series looks for the Cubase P series file, the P Series sees the new file, displays the parameters but non of the settings work.

Have you got the latest firmware on your panorama (Panorama_P6_FW_V011403.bin is the last file i can see on my machine)? My bet would be that.

Also are you running the latest (1.3.85) beta of Nektarine?

That’s what i’m running.

Also are you copying
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Nektar\Nektarine\Mapping Files\Instruments

To:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Nektar\Common\Mapping Files\Instruments

I’ve had some oddities when setting up in the past and had to reflash the firmware, or do a factory reset - and that sorted out any initial install problems. Only the once though, when i moved from Logic (Mac) to Cubase (Win10).

1 Like

Double checked everything.

Latest Nektarine 1.3.85
Firmware Panorama_P6_FW_V011403.bin

I was copying the file from Nektarine default included files

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Nektar\Mapfiles\Nektarine\Instruments

Thank You

Ah ok, so there’s a chance that you’re copying mappings from older versions of the plugins you have perhaps? I’ve had this issue with Synthmaster VST before. The parameters display on the screen because of the text assigned to them, but the actual Parameter ID’s have changed in the plugin following an update.

Personally, i’d try to create a basic mapping in Nektarine, confirm it works with your P, and then copy it using the folders i’ve stated above and check within Cubase transparently.

I thought I tried this but I’ve just realised… I started with the original Nektarine mapping and tried to modify that, which would be wrong. I will try again with a fresh map.

Thank you

I can’t find any mapping files in this folder, but cubase’s instruments are mapped normally in my P6.
When I create a map in Nektarine standalone, it generates a new map file and I copy it to the mentioned folder, but it doesn’t work transparently withing cubase.
So I’m guessing my P6 is not reading maps from this folder (?).

I’ve been after this ever since I got my P6, cause to me mapping instruments with only 4 unnamed pages, having to use the knob to change pages, etc. is quite useless, unfortunately. I end up preferring to use my mouse, and only map specific controls using internal mode when I want to record some automation.

Cal you help me, please? What am I doing wrong?

I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware and nektarine within “studio one” at Nektar’s website, the standalone Nektarine works fine (but not the plugin). Cubase integration is otherwise working fine.

Why doesn’t Nektar allow the user to create the map and then simply make the Panorama read from that? It’s obviously possible, since Nektarine exists, and Nektar themselves can map plugins to work transparently, but the way it is now, it’s annoyingly “almost there”, but in a useless way.

Thanks for your help!

I STAND CORRECTED!!!
IT WORKS!!!

I found what I was doing wrong: I was editing the patches that nektarine created by itself.
When I deleted all patches in nektarine and made one from scratch, it worked perfectly.
I cant believe it!!!

This is incredible, unprecedented in the history of MIDI controllers. It’s a total game changer, the world needs to know about it.

Thanks guys!!! Thanks NEKTAR!!!

Ah good to hear. Some plugins can be a pain due to how they’re setup, but on the whole it does work well. And you soon learn some tips, for example i don’t like the time it takes to turn the menu knob near the screen so i hardcode the parameter pages at the bottom push buttons to navigate - it’s much quicker, but ultimately takes longer to create a mapping.

You’ll also notice that for instruments the standard is to have Amp ADSR, Filter ADSR on the filters too - copying that across into your own mappings is great for muscle memory control.

But the process should be more formal than having to discover how to create and copy mappings across for the P Series, i appreciate it’s the T models they’re pushing as the newer units. But really, a standalone Nektarine that writes the files to the correct locations automatically would make it so much nicer to use as it would feel more formal supportive of the P series.

Fix the plugin in Cubase, address a few little niggles here and there and it would be gold. Let’s hope they can take that extra step.

What do you mean? Did you mean “faders” instead of “filters”?

Oh I’d love to learn how to hardcode the bottom push buttons for navigation. I don’t care for the scrolling either, but as of now Nektarine doesn’t allow me to use the fifth button. Since I sometimes need more than three buttons for parameters, I’ve been using just “one direction” cycle. Each page has a button directing to the next page until it arrives at the first page again. The fifth button is always “menu”.

How do you do it?

And yes, Nektar is now closer than ever, it would be great if they perfected this system. And by the looks of it, It shouldn’t be hard to code at all!

Oh you just map the buttons to pages that you have already created by using the controls at the bottom of the screen.

If you look at some of the Nektar mappings they use the same technique to flip between tempo synced elements and time based. i.e. if you had a stereo delay that had a switch to set the delay intervals to be ms or bpm related they map one page to show controls as ms, and the other pages as bpm.

Then depending on if the user hits the ms or bpm button the controls update as the page changes, simple but effective.

And yes, i meant faders not filters, doh! :slight_smile:

cool! i hadn’t tried that way for flipping tempo or synced before. And I didn’t know the button could be mapped to a control AND a page simultaneously, It is pretty clever!

Thanks a LOT for your help!

regarding the faders for filters, I tend to follow the layout of the synth. If its knobs, Ill map it to knobs! heheh

Some nice new info here, thank you.

I have a new strange problem, not sure how/why this started. When I delete the mappings for a pluggin via the synth learn mode/page… the P series remembers but isn’t creating a new file for that synth in the location I previously had figured. This is for a synth currently not mapped and there’s no mapping for it in the original default location being created either. Where’s it putting this info to remember?

I was also suprised by this. The default mappings folder is empty, yet the P series gets its maps from somewhere. I have no idea, but you`re not alone!

But to be honest, after nektarine Ill never map a plugin using learn` again.

Good luck!

I’m going to need it.

Are we using the Firmware that comes in the Cubase installer or the Firmware that comes with Studio One that allows the download of Nektarine? I’ve read info that we need to use the right firmware associated to your DAW but i installed the latest with S1 thinking that was ness for Nektarine.