Change scroll speed/sensitivy

Is there a way to reduce the scroll sensitivity from a mouse/trackball/trackpad etc??’ doesn’t matter which one I’m using and doesn’t matter how low the settings are, Cubase’s both vertical and horizontal scroll and zoom are too fast and too sensitive. I upgraded from 7 to 9.5 and this is becoming unbearable. I keep having to slow down my workflow…

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Hi,

Not in general, but there is an option to reduce the sensitivity by holding down Shift modifier while moving a fader/slider in Cubase.

1 Like

Hi
I use a gaming mouse where the resolution (i think thats what it is) is selectable, and there is something called sniper mode where I can change the resolution by pressing a button on the mouse when I need slooooow movement. Would that work?

Yeah, I found that out by mistake once :stuck_out_tongue:. Thanks for the tip tho.

I meant in a general workflow. Using the button means it would only be used with specific tools or something. I want to change it overall …

Thanks for the tip tho :wink:

I have the same problem - a screen full of notes is gone before I know it, and I’d really love to slow down the sensitivity

1 Like

I agree, to sensitive

1 Like

I agree with you.
I am having same problem.

Same problem here. Only on MacOS. Windows with the same mouse works fine.
The mice I have tried are a wireless Logitech and a Microsoft Intellimouse. Both are crazy sensitive when using the scroll wheel.

1 Like

Same here… Google search got me here

Agreed. The scroll function is vital to getting around and when the screen jumps at lightning speed it is super frustrating. It is the ONE thing that makes my experience on a mac difficult. How do we get them to hear us and work on it??

I’ve the same issue here also on Nuendo. I’m on a mac and scroll is too fast and scrolling steps are toooo big! I get lost almost every time I scroll. Would be nice to fix this.

+1 … scrolling is way too fast… Steinberg please have Cubase take over the Mac OS preferences for scrolling speed or make it adjustable within the app. Dankeschön!

1 Like

+1, Would be great to reduce scroll speed. On Windows, scrolling horizontally to a particular location with any accuracy feels like trying to put the Bread Basket in place in Operation. This is one of my few complaints with this wonderful piece of software.

+1

This thread’s on fire now!!! As it should be! Especially for Mac users using the built in trackpad! Will it be enough though here? If this were posted in the Feature Request section, it would start a wildfire!!! You’d see +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1+ 1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
How can Steinberg NOT take into account that tons of users accomplish a majority of their work using nothing but a laptop and a good pair of headphones?

+1000 !!!

When the mouse cursor is on the scroll bar, everything works smoothly, but in the working area scrolling/zooming is terrible, way too fast. Dear Steiberg, we beg you, add an “smooth scrolling/zooming” option in preferences for us.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

1 Like

+1

It’s not that kind of problem :frowning:

Steinberg, fix it! Please!!!

1 Like